• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

boo

Reaction score
PSA: Bond No 9 refill event starts this Sunday: Buy any two items (except for pocket sprays), and get a free 100ml "refill" bottle for free. It's a regular bottle, but in a plain cardboard box and no cap. Think tester bottle. Refills are a limited selection (dont expect the Harrods limited edition), and the popular ones go fast. Supposedly they make you bring in an empty perfume bottle, but I know Saks SA's often dont bother asking.

Jack Black JB EdP today - just like Terre d'Hermes, but a bit more on the citrus, bit less on the pencil shavings.

Prior few days were Tom Ford Italian Cypress.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
I have been using Guerlain Vetiver and YSL Opium and would love to hear your views on what fragrances would appeal to my tastes, Thanks.

Just wanted to report back to SF members on my new fragrance purchase, I went for the Gucci Pour Homme.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
master-classter, I am very interested in GV, might see if there is enough interest to do a split.
Hmmm, I'll probably pass on that for now. I have so many vetivers and this one doesn't add anything to the mix to be honest. I nearly got a bottle for cheap off Basenotes hence the tester sample. Plus I think it's only 50ml bottles so harder to economize.

Originally Posted by HgaleK
I'm probably showing how much of a n00b I am, but I just discovered a tester of light violet Prada cologne that smells ******* incredible. I haven't loved a fragrance like this in ages. It's a bit floral, almost feminine, but god damn. I know what I'm asking for on my birthday
bounce2.gif

I think you've got Prada Amber. It's a soapy floral type thing. Very nice for any weather and any occasion IMO. Some find it a little synthetic though. If you want more irish springs and less pot pourit, try Mugler's Cologne.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a little bit of duty-free shopping on the Brazilian boarder. Hence...

SotD = HermÃ
00a9.png
s Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I can't remember who on here originally suggested that one, but it is a great scent, and I offer my thanks.
worship.gif

I love the lotus notes, and how aquatic it goes once it takes to the skin. Plus, I get very decent longevity out of it, despite its EdT status.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Ordered a wee tad bit of Houbigant Fougere Royale last week via the Court. Looking to report by midweek. "Tailor" got me going...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Did a little bit of duty-free shopping on the Brazilian boarder. Hence...

SotD = HermÃ
00a9.png
s Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I can't remember who on here originally suggested that one, but it is a great scent, and I offer my thanks.
worship.gif

I love the lotus notes, and how aquatic it goes once it takes to the skin. Plus, I get very decent longevity out of it, despite its EdT status.

That was me. I'm glad you're liking it! Have you tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I think it might be just as good as Sur le Nil. Also has surprisingly good longevity.

Diptyque L'Autre for me today.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
That was me. I'm glad you're liking it! Have you tried the new Jardin sur le Toit yet? I think it might be just as good as Sur le Nil. Also has surprisingly good longevity. Diptyque L'Autre for me today.
Guess what I'm wearing today ( Fougere Royale)? And this evening Jubilation XXV. Really enjoying J25. Note on Hermes. They are pretty generous on samples. I am pretty sure if you send them an email and request a sample they will send it to you. Especially new scents. I stopped by their store here in SF last weekend and they gave me a sample of everything I asked for that they had in stock. I got a sample of Jardin sur le Toit but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I went past the Hermes store yesterday to stock the box and the SA was more then generous. multple samples of multiple frags. These guys impress me EVERY time I deal with them (as long as I don't ask about green aligator wallets right?).

currently working my way through the Malle lineup... this is going to take a while. probably because they're hard to just sniff and conclude anything. it takes me a while to understand each one, plus I have to decide which ones to get larger decants of or not since the samples will be shipped out with the box.

SOTD - AdP Colognia Asolutta - and can I just say BLECH. seriously, I was expecting something nice here and it was terrible. I felt sick. AdP's this nice citrus thing, Intensa's like a lemony wood thing, but then asolutta, all I get is some flower I really dislike. I got a few seconds of orange, then just musk and floral. uh, not at all for me.

boo

Reaction score
Dior Homme today. Mrs Boo said I smell like a cheap whore. I reply that I'm intimately familiar with the scent of cheap whores and assure her she's incorrect.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114

Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance?

Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green Lantern
Okay, I need more fragrance. I find the sampling method to be a win. So, I want to buy one of these, or maybe a couple: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...resultback=114 Question is; how do you clean in between usage...to completely flush last fragrance and not dilute or bastardize the new fragrance? Almost forgot...today at the Napa Vineyards was Grey Veviter by Tom Ford. I am not really into it.
You really can't. Not completely, at least. It's always going to have at least a bit of the essence of the original frag. You can try a 90% rubbing alcohol washing, including spraying it through the atomizer, but forget it if your original scent was something heavy. Consider instead: http://www.bestbottles.com/all_bottl...s_purchase.php

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Wore Profumum Oxiana today. I tend to fall for descriptions of incense scents then find them 'old lady'-ish on my skin. A bit like Tauer L'air Du Morrocain or whatever it's called. Likable, slightly weird, possibly femme. I really wanted to try Thundra but couldn't find a sample, so I got this instead.

Got a bottle of Santal 33 last week. Another womb-like comfort scent with spiky edges from Le Labo. I really like that house! Also acquired that Labdanum one from L'occitane. A definite keeper for me.

gwolf

Reaction score
kenzo power... the katie smells girl compared it to gendarme and i only sniffed gendarme a few weeks ago. it's not far off in style really. but this thing lasts longer than my other sugar bombs except it's a floral. i like this. i'm saving the juice a little bit compared to the ones i want to finish.

turboman808

Reaction score
For some reason I have been on a real bvlgari kick the last few weeks and have bought just about every product they sell for me. The Blv is my favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads