• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck
Curious, do Alden suede chukka's come lined? The only one's I seem to find are un-lined.
Would it make a difference in comfort if they were lined?

Anyone have experience with the suded ones?

Yes, they do make lined versions -- think it is a special makeup. I have a pair in tan suede that I am selling right now.

The unlined ones are much more comfortable to wear esp. since they are on the oiled flex welt sole. The lined ones will be good for autumn/fall if you don't mind wearing suede in that weather.

Dodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
FedEx just dropped off the black shells. Aldens for this week:
2n1bdhx.jpg

The whiskey are plain toe blucher? they are really nice, can you post more pictures?

Miril

Reaction score
Got my first Aldens (indy boot).
Really like them but feels like they dont fit together with many of my trousers. Or maybe i just have to get used to it that i dont wear converse everyday.

astris

Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with chukkas on the Leydon last? I went true to my Brannock size and they are too small. Seems like to make the Leydon work for me, I would actually have to size up!

If anyone is interested in brand new pair of 8 1/2D dark brown flex welt chukkas on the Leydon last, I'll let them go for a really good price.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
Anyone have trouble with chukkas on the Leydon last? I went true to my Brannock size and they are too small. In fact, they are actually smaller than my ptb's that are a half size down on Barrie. Seems like to make the Leydon work, I would actually have to size up!

The unlined suede chukkas?
They were definitely tight across the instep when I first got them and that was wearing thin socks.
For me, they've loosened up since then and I have no tightness.

In contrast, my Leydon longwings have been comfy from day one.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miril
Got my first Aldens (indy boot).
Really like them but feels like they dont fit together with many of my trousers. Or maybe i just have to get used to it that i dont wear converse everyday.

I think the Indy boots go best with pants that don't fit too slim. I think the slimmer fit pants go better with Alden's dress shoes.

astris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
The unlined suede chukkas? They were definitely tight across the instep when I first got them and that was wearing thin socks. For me, they've loosened up since then and I have no tightness. In contrast, my Leydon longwings have been comfy from day one.
Yep, I can barely get my foot in with no socks. They actually measure around a half inch shorter and narrower than my sized down Barrie ptb's. I think a E width might work, but a half size up might actually work better. Put them up for sale: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...61#post4472261

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
+1. I now own about 10 pairs of argyle socks. Last year i owned zero

which maker do you own?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many brushes do you guys have? One for each pair or something else?

I currently have 2. One for #8 and the other for the rest. I'm thinking of adding 2 more, 1 for black and 1 for whiskey.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2ens0hc.jpg

v3hv1u.jpg

ravello lhs
argyles otc

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
Anyone have trouble with chukkas on the Leydon last? I went true to my Brannock size and they are too small. Seems like to make the Leydon work for me, I would actually have to size up!

If anyone is interested in brand new pair of 8 1/2D dark brown flex welt chukkas on the Leydon last, I'll let them go for a really good price.

Originally Posted by AlanC
^I have the unlined flex-welt chukka in Leydon. I had to go up a width (normally 9.5B, had to get a 9.5C).

Originally Posted by zippyh
The unlined suede chukkas?
They were definitely tight across the instep when I first got them and that was wearing thin socks.
For me, they've loosened up since then and I have no tightness.

In contrast, my Leydon longwings have been comfy from day one.

My sizing is Barrie 10D, Leydon unlined chukkas, 10.5E. They are SLIGHTLY loose in heel width, but don't have that tightness in the instep. So I agree, go up in width from normal brannock sizing.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
either Brooks Brothers or Pantharella. you?

ben silver both sea island cotton and wool
marcoliani merino wool
all otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads