• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock a pink suit? Anyone?

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been to Leeds twice and the cockpit twice, both times around the year 2000. First time saw the Mission, 2nd time I was training for work, was up till 3 drinking snakebites, had an hours sleep in the hotel before the fire alarm went off... Training was the top floor of a 13th floor building and going up in the lift the next morning I was convinced we were in an earthquake when in fact I was just staggeringly drunk still.

I've never owned a pink suit and hold no strong opinions on them.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
When did you go? Are you a Leeds alumni?

Carnegie boy here. The Warehouse was my favorite joint in Leeds. Can't remember the Cockpit but it sounds like the Phonographique which was a grubby dive in the basement of that shopping centre at the top of the hill near the university.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It claims to be a "press sample" whatever that might be. Does that not say it all?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easily

tumblr_l2wfo2uvkd1qc4izio1_500.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Dieu et mon droit RSS...

Are you in a monarchist mood after the wedding?

Fleur de Lys and the Lions from Aquitaine.

I'm always in a constitutional monarchist mood; it didn't take a wedding.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Sigh.

Why are you so awesome?

Learned it from watching you.

Originally Posted by rlx
this is outstanding!

Thanks man.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Easily

Lol, if that was a white shirt and a navy (?) tie it would look quite fly! (Wow, that rhymed!)
colgate.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Learned it from watching you.

Lawl.

Seriously though, IMO you have the best style on the forum, and amazingly, you are likable and not too serious about this ****. Not all of the good dressers in MC manage that.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Lawl.

Seriously though, IMO you have the best style on the forum, and amazingly, you are likable and not too serious about this ****. Not all of the good dressers in MC manage that.

I appreciate that, seriously. So much so, I have added you beneath Foo in my sig. Because you are underneath him does not mean I value his post more, but just because Im sure you are taller and can see further.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Carnegie boy here. The Warehouse was my favorite joint in Leeds. Can't remember the Cockpit but it sounds like the Phonographique which was a grubby dive in the basement of that shopping centre at the top of the hill near the university.

Nah, that was a real, real **** hole. I tried doing "a Tony Wilson" by organizing a club night there. The club night was called Neon. It wasn't a success. I saw Rock ***** there once which was interesting.

The cockpit was down near the corn exchange it was a big venue that was rather indie oriented as in the Smiths, joy division, bowie, bryan ferry, pulp, blur, stone roses etc. They also did a Mod night called Brighton Beach. It did eventually get nastier though and morphed into Metal and slipknot stuff, I guess thats just what the kids wanted at the time.

IsteRed

Reaction score

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
Nah, that was a real, real **** hole. I tried doing "a Tony Wilson" by organizing a club night there. The club night was called Neon. It wasn't a success. I saw Rock ***** there once which was interesting.

The cockpit was down near the corn exchange it was a big venue that was rather indie oriented as in the Smiths, joy division, bowie, bryan ferry, pulp, blur, stone roses etc. They also did a Mod night called Brighton Beach. It did eventually get nastier though and morphed into Metal and slipknot stuff, I guess thats just what the kids wanted at the time.

Interesting but I think I emigrated by then. Leeds was a cracking city to go to college. I didn't really fit in with Carnegie clique but I loved my time there and wouldn't have minded staying after graduating but came to America and never looked back. Golden days matey!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
I like this suit...
blush.gif

Come on....

Let's be serious for a minute...

I wouldn't want to be seen dead in it..

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Easily

Does this gent work for Pepto-Bismol?

Originally Posted by IsteRed
I like this suit...
blush.gif

Surely that's an odd coat and not a suit. Surely, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads