• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
227147_10150183570916835_508016834_7347499_3239090_n.jpg
ss/dd + a metal detector I found.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Man, I'm getting pretty sick of this porch and of this stupid plant. Whenever I try to take pictures anywhere else, they end up sucking. These pants are irresponsibly tight. Also, I've worn this jacket like every day this week. It is definitely getting tossed in the duffle a couple weeks from now.
40WWwl.jpg

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^they look great, what are they? love the colors and proportions here.

jwied, I dunno could see you pulling off anything actually but you seem like the kinda guy who wants to really take his time figuring stuff out and maybe not shell out so much cash. so could take a while.

maybe the most natural extension would be a slightly techy pseudo ro type look, maybe consider some slightly less fitted pants, possible some of those funky cargoes that are trendy right now + tanks and maybe some more interesting knitwear.

Dunno, I could see you doing 100% marg or julius or ervell or something like a synthese where he combines a lot of that **** together although it'd take a while to get it to a place like that.

you could keep the slim clean silihouette and just look toward jil/schneider/ervell/some dries etc. the difference would be just finding some slightly more visually interesting statement stuff to add in, maybe going slightly more luxe with your fabrics. on the other hand if you're not irrevocably dedicated to clean and skinny, you should definitely try and make your way to a store where you can try some more relaxed or anti-fit stuff on, you have a good understanding of proportion and a good bodytype, so you've got options, getting the weird stuff right isn't actually hard it's just a matter of finding stuff (that fits right) and combining in a coherent way.

dan138zig

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. Still figuring out this fashion thingy so criticism will be appreciated. I'm thinking about hemming the shirt about 1 inch, what do you think?

z3vG0.jpg

Cardigan: Zara
Shirt: Uniqlo
Watch: Timex
Jeans: Mishka
Shoes: Local brand
(Yea I'm living in a poor country in case you're wondering
laugh.gif
)

dan138zig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harbin
Pull your sleeves down...you're looking like chun li with the upper arm puff and ultra thin wrist
it's actually a short sleeve shirt. Those bulges bug me too. edit: oh you mean the cardigan sleeve. I think the bulges were caused by the shirt's sleeves.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ranger I like the jeans, but they do need a hem. They look at least double cuffed which makes it lose it's form plus they're still stacking.

Danzig, the length of the shirt is fine. You hem an inch it'll be too small. Burn the shoes.

Snake, nice fit all around
as synth said about the shoes, but the color pallete is great.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^they look great, what are they? love the colors and proportions here.

jwied, I dunno could see you pulling off anything actually but you seem like the kinda guy who wants to really take his time figuring stuff out and maybe not shell out so much cash. so could take a while.

maybe the most natural extension would be a slightly techy pseudo ro type look, maybe consider some slightly less fitted pants, possible some of those funky cargoes that are trendy right now + tanks and maybe some more interesting knitwear.

Dunno, I could see you doing 100% marg or julius or ervell or something like a synthese where he combines a lot of that **** together although it'd take a while to get it to a place like that.

you could keep the slim clean silihouette and just look toward jil/schneider/ervell/some dries etc. the difference would be just finding some slightly more visually interesting statement stuff to add in, maybe going slightly more luxe with your fabrics. on the other hand if you're not irrevocably dedicated to clean and skinny, you should definitely try and make your way to a store where you can try some more relaxed or anti-fit stuff on, you have a good understanding of proportion and a good bodytype, so you've got options, getting the weird stuff right isn't actually hard it's just a matter of finding stuff (that fits right) and combining in a coherent way.

after reading your earlier post i was thinking about it for a bit and KVA came to mind. Would also like to wear neil barrett. RO too (a leather, if nothing else).
But really for me im sure it would be a matter of mixing different things ala synth.
Also, i had been thinking about the cargos idea, and i do plan on wearing some tanks this summer (would like to pick up a silent tank, but thats pretty simple/basic).
I like Julius... i dont think i could pull off a head to toe julius look, but for sure could incorporate some pieces.

Also, i really have nowhere around me to go and try different **** on. would have to drive 4 hours to chicago. about a year and i half ago i went to Chicago to see Fever Ray (maybe the best show ive ever seen) and went to a few places, tried on some RO at barneys (wish i could have got the brown stooges jacket).. ended up buying was some RRLs :/

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jwied would look good in a nice leather, some of the more minimalist toj styles would work well, imo. lifestyle pic, lol
SwIDG.jpg
notice the hand slapping me in the face as the picture is being taken...

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
thanks Sir! Shoes is by O.C

5655654874_4ec530bf39.jpg

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
e9pPu.jpg

V9833.jpg

5s4sS.jpg

Okay....both of these fits got good marks and I understand that they would be for different occassions....but with that said.....how are they even on the same planet? I am sure there is a great explanation, but I am not seeing it.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only person who was a little freaked out by the rope dangling off to the right in that picture like a noose.

I really wanted to post 'don't do it man' as a response.

dan138zig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista

Danzig, the length of the shirt is fine. You hem an inch it'll be too small. Burn the shoes.

aw, really? I thought those would be enough until I'm able to afford Clarks.
frown.gif

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dan138zig
Hi, first post here. Still figuring out this fashion thingy so criticism will be appreciated. I'm thinking about hemming the shirt about 1 inch, what do you think?

Cardigan: Zara
Shirt: Uniqlo
Watch: Timex
Jeans: Mishka
Shoes: Local brand
(Yea I'm living in a poor country in case you're wondering
laugh.gif
)

Your collar isn't buttoned-down. Not sure if intentional.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fortysomething
Okay....both of these fits got good marks and I understand that they would be for different occassions....but with that said.....how are they even on the same planet? I am sure there is a great explanation, but I am not seeing it.

what are you getting at? are you saying one (i would assume mf's...) is more sophisticated or difficult to pull off than the other? first of all, this is an apples to oranges situation, second of all I don't think anyone tried to make a comparison between these two until you did just now? last, I guess just remember that this style stuff is largely subjective, in reality dressing well isn't hard, one might argue that mellowfellow is perhaps more precise/consistent with the fit and proportions of his outfits but so what? does that make it however much better you perceive it to be than snowman's? maybe, but that's your take, and here's a funny thing: most of mf's stuff comes from uniqlo, he does some minimal tailoring from what I understand but basically the stuff fits him perfect off the rack. so is it about the effort? the composition of the outfit itself? complexity? daring? what really makes an outfit superlative, how do we compare two outfits with distinctly different organizations?

lol aderoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics