• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share some SF History

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After several years without even thinking of eating a pancake, I've come to enjoy them every now and then. The pancake is one of those foods that I can only have evry so often, but it hits the spot every time. I love making them from scratch and cutting up some strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, etc. to mix in the batter.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
*sigh*

tiger02 -ex-military (iirc)
sho'nuff - Started as Diorshoe, then had name changed to Shoe, then asked to be changed to Sho...Ended up being Sho'nuff, and his title was flip-flopper. Sho'nuff started posting 'grrrrr' a lot and that then became his title. I think he whined about it for a while when it was flip-flopper.
brian sd - moderator. duh.
nantucket red - his girlfriend is a major fashionista, and he has the good sense to identify by his better half.
bradford - current events moderator (which means he moderates the CE forvm. duh.
get smart - dont crink (comes from "***** don't crink", which tells you that he will forever look like he's 28.
saucemaster - iirc, he lost a good amount of weight a few years back. Major kudos.
mr. moo - forvm punching bag, talks a good fight Look up the Mr. Sam thread when you get a chance to see a few pics of Moo.

Bonus. Bigbris (banned) petitioned for a custom title, something he thought would be commensurate with his (I'm guessing here) sexual prowess. He asked for 'yoga instructor', but I don't think he teaches yoga, at least not in his spiffy Polo RL togs. The mods finally changed his title to 'can be bent over'. I don't think he was happy with it. Let that be a lesson.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
After several years without even thinking of eating a pancake, I've come to enjoy them every now and then. The pancake is one of those foods that I can only have evry so often, but it hits the spot every time. I love making them from scratch and cutting up some strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, etc. to mix in the batter.

I make mine with whole wheat flour and use blueberries. Add some dark-roast coffee and bacon and we have a nomtastic morning.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
worship.gif
thanks again thomas.

thomas = good dude

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To be honest, I haven't gone back and tried making a decent recipe since I stated I don't like them and was advised that I just hadn't had good ones. That said, I have a friend who swears she has an outstanding recipe, and I have blueberries that will be ripe and ready to pick soon. Plus, I picked up some maple syrup for the French toast I made for MrsG on Mother's Day. All of that being the case, I suspect that blueberry pancakes will be making an appearance on my breakfast plate in the near future.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
As always, discussion of crêpes is also welcome.

They are hard to make.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Mt_Spiffy

Good call.

Originally Posted by MrG
To be honest, I haven't gone back and tried making a decent recipe since I stated I don't like them and was advised that I just hadn't had good ones. That said, I have a friend who swears she has an outstanding recipe, and I have blueberries that will be ripe and ready to pick soon. Plus, I picked up some maple syrup for the French toast I made for MrsG on Mother's Day. All of that being the case, I suspect that blueberry pancakes will be making an appearance on my breakfast plate in the near future.

Highly recommend. I can say this about making pancakes, mix very sparingly. The more you beat them the less they fluff up.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I make mine with whole wheat flour and use blueberries. Add some dark-roast coffee and bacon and we have a nomtastic morning.

Originally Posted by MrG

Now you've both made me hungry for pancakes.
frown.gif
Blueberries are the key to a good pancake.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Would posting about waffles be off topic? I dont want to derail the thread.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
They are hard to make.

Really? I never have much problem with mine, unless you desire some sort of uniformity of color, shape, texture, or taste.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Would posting about waffles be off topic? I dont want to derail the thread.

Holidays: waffles + cranberries + whipped cream.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Now you've both made me hungry for pancakes.
frown.gif
Blueberries are the key to a good pancake.

oh, I just remembered: pancakes with cranberries and white chocolate chips. Kinda desserty, though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm hungry all of a sudden.
drool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads