• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gruntle

Reaction score
My madras and chino came in. Shirt is amazing, love the fit but the pants are a size too small. My First purchase from Epaulet and I'm very impressed by the quality.
DSC00718.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gruntle
My madras and chino came in. Shirt is amazing, love the fit but the pants are a size too small. My First purchase from Epaulet and I'm very impressed by the quality.
DSC00718.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

I'm wearing that same shirt today.
fistbump.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Is the Alden for Epaulet a continuing partnership, in the sense that you might decide to make them again for next season?
lookaround.gif

Oh yeah, absolutely. It's not a collaboration or a partnership per se. If you're in the upper tier of Alden accounts, they allow you to do "special makeups" where you can specify a unique mix of upper material, sole, last, eyelets, etc. Other accounts like Leffot, Leather Soul, the NY and SF Alden shops, etc do the same thing.

But yes, we'll have a TON of Alden special makeups come the Fall. Hope you guys like broguing and shell cordovan (I think that you do
biggrin.gif
)

Originally Posted by mikecch
Thanks, would love a pair of them come September!

Cool, we'll have plenty to go around. 144 units are en-route.

Originally Posted by Racove
ok. decided to take a chance on the 9. they were still there, tempting me.

Maybe I missed it.... what mocs are you planning to get in? Colors, etc?

I've got a bunch. We're introducing new colors in all of our exististing shapes (Cumberland, Somerset, Penobscot) and I've got a new Venetian Tassel Loafer that's going to rock it hard. They're coming any day now.

And to anyone who preordered the Natural CXL pennys - they'll be ready to ship out by next Tues or Wed. Thanks!

Originally Posted by sle-z-e
Anyone know how the Kurabo denim (smith) shrinks compared to the 12oz cone denim? My Cone pair fit awesome but shrunk just a bit too much on my first wash. Now I just got a Kurabo pair that fits larger than the other pair initially so I'm tempted to shrink them a bit but I don't want another pair of jeans that are too tight. Tell me what you know.

That Cone Denim was kind of crazy. For a sanforized denim, it had very little give, and really didn't stretch or break in at all. From my experience, I'd say that you're safe shrinking the Kurabo pair a little bit - it's as "elastic" as most good Japanese selvedge, and you can expect that it will stretch and break in a bit with wear. We can certainly also switch out your pair for a smaller size.

Originally Posted by cl smooth
Darn! Any plans for fall/winter button down solid color shirts? (doesn't have to be oxford material)

Oh definitely. We'll do oxfords and solid lightweight flannels. Other stuff too.

Originally Posted by Gruntle

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by nakokoro
are there any linen shirts on the way?

Well, I've got two from GANT by Michael Bastian:

Gant%20MB%20Linen%20Check%20Lo.jpg

MB Linen Blue Check Shirt: $200

Gant%20MB%20Mashup%20Lo.jpg

MB Mashup Striped Cotton/Linen Shirt: $200

And I've got one Epaulet linen piece, but just size Large and above:

Linen%20Gingham%20Lo.jpg

Linen Light Blue Gingham Shirt: $130

And I've got a really nice indigo-dyed linen shirt from Gitman Vintage going online by early next week too. I'll post it here in our thread when it goes online.

Gruntle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
Gruntle, are those the 12 oz stone chinos?

yes, these are the 12oz chinos.

nbernie

Reaction score
Mike,
the sleeves on the gant by MB sports coats seem to run long across the board. what is the deal/rationale behind that? I'm assuming I can get them shortened either, because of the working cuffs?

dls6128

Reaction score
Any insights on shirts that fit like the Gant x MB pieces? I have a shirt from them that fits perfectly, and I'd love to find more that fit like it.

konadog

Reaction score
I must admit, the bordeaux poplin walt trousers that arrived yesterday fit perfectly. I would have gotten some from my wife, but my daughter was having a sleepover and we werent sure the kids were quite asleep.

bakatora

Reaction score
first read i thought you were going to buy some trousers for your wife.
blush.gif

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh yeah, absolutely. It's not a collaboration or a partnership per se. If you're in the upper tier of Alden accounts, they allow you to do "special makeups" where you can specify a unique mix of upper material, sole, last, eyelets, etc. Other accounts like Leffot, Leather Soul, the NY and SF Alden shops, etc do the same thing.

But yes, we'll have a TON of Alden special makeups come the Fall. Hope you guys like broguing and shell cordovan (I think that you do
biggrin.gif
)

Cool, we'll have plenty to go around. 144 units are en-route.

I've got a bunch. We're introducing new colors in all of our exististing shapes (Cumberland, Somerset, Penobscot) and I've got a new Venetian Tassel Loafer that's going to rock it hard. They're coming any day now.

And to anyone who preordered the Natural CXL pennys - they'll be ready to ship out by next Tues or Wed. Thanks!

That Cone Denim was kind of crazy. For a sanforized denim, it had very little give, and really didn't stretch or break in at all. From my experience, I'd say that you're safe shrinking the Kurabo pair a little bit - it's as "elastic" as most good Japanese selvedge, and you can expect that it will stretch and break in a bit with wear. We can certainly also switch out your pair for a smaller size.

Oh definitely. We'll do oxfords and solid lightweight flannels. Other stuff too.

Thank you sir!

Well, I've got two from GANT by Michael Bastian:

Gant%20MB%20Linen%20Check%20Lo.jpg

MB Linen Blue Check Shirt: $200

Gant%20MB%20Mashup%20Lo.jpg

MB Mashup Striped Cotton/Linen Shirt: $200

And I've got one Epaulet linen piece, but just size Large and above:

Linen%20Gingham%20Lo.jpg

Linen Light Blue Gingham Shirt: $130

And I've got a really nice indigo-dyed linen shirt from Gitman Vintage going online by early next week too. I'll post it here in our thread when it goes online.

Errghh! Gitman Vintage...love the shirts but they just do not fit. Small is too small and medium is to big.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
But these are GANT.

Yeah, shouldn't have quoted Mike's entire post. I was referring to the last comment where he said he was getting a Gitman Vintage Indigo dyed linen shirt in.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
Mike,
the sleeves on the gant by MB sports coats seem to run long across the board. what is the deal/rationale behind that? I'm assuming I can get them shortened either, because of the working cuffs?

I'd say that they run a touch longer in the sleeves than some of the other sportcoats that we carry, but it's not super-long. They're modeling it for a tall, skinny guy and they cut the sportcoats to match.

I'm personally not a fan of working cuffs on OTR sportcoats, but a lot of customers really like it. It does make shortening the sleeves problematic. You don't have to worry about it so much on this season's Seersucker jacket as the sleeves could be brought up at the shoulders. You'd actually want to do that so the elbow patches fall in the right spot. But it's definitely more expensive than just altering the cuff by itself.

One thing that I can say is that the fit and construction on these is fantastic. It's one of the best seersucker jackets that I've ever seen. IMO it would be the worth the investment to get this tailored a bit.

Originally Posted by dls6128
Any insights on shirts that fit like the Gant x MB pieces? I have a shirt from them that fits perfectly, and I'd love to find more that fit like it.

The GANT Rugger shirts that we're carrying fit very similar. Also, if you take a Medium or Large, you'll get a similar fit on either Gitman Vintage or our in-house Ashland by Epaulet line. And you can size up one to our Epaulet shirts for a similar fit.

Originally Posted by konadog
I must admit, the bordeaux poplin walt trousers that arrived yesterday fit perfectly. I would have gotten some from my wife, but my daughter was having a sleepover and we werent sure the kids were quite asleep.

Awesome, really glad that you're pleased with them!

Originally Posted by mike868y
**** that gant patchwork shirt is awesome.

It's pretty dope in person. I sold one to Dizzee Rascal a few weeks ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads