• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite pizza

Earthmover

Reaction score
Clam/bacon pizza at Pepe's in New Haven. Nothing else comes close.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Ha...no way. It sounds like it's next door to my friend's catering company. Now I've got an excuse to go back.

that wouldnt be Pulciano's deli would it?

used to at lunch there on weekends quite a bit

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, you guys are talking about great pizza places? Well, you're all wrong. Accept that.

The BEST pizza on God's green earth is a place called Brooklyn Pizza Works in placentia, orange county, CA, on Imperial Highway. This **** is no joke, I've been eating there on a regular basis for over 10 years because it's the most addictive pizza I've ever had. In fact, most of the customers there are strictly regulars, some of them have been eating there weekly for the past 20 years. Total die hards.

But seriously, this ****'s delicious. 100% new york style, their cooks are like perfectionists. It bothers them if a pepperoni is out of place. Try the Mild Maggie and the East Coast Greasy. Order them THIN AND CRISPY. Very important.

100% awesomeness. Do it. Really friendly service too. Also try the zappolis for desert.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Oh, you guys are talking about great pizza places? Well, you're all wrong. Accept that.

The BEST pizza on God's green earth is a place called Brooklyn Pizza Works in placentia, orange county, CA, on Imperial Highway. This **** is no joke, I've been eating there on a regular basis for over 10 years because it's the most addictive pizza I've ever had. In fact, most of the customers there are strictly regulars, some of them have been eating there weekly for the past 20 years. Total die hards.

But seriously, this ****'s delicious. 100% new york style, their cooks are like perfectionists. It bothers them if a pepperoni is out of place. Try the Mild Maggie and the East Coast Greasy. Order them THIN AND CRISPY. Very important.

100% awesomeness. Do it. Really friendly service too. Also try the zappolis for desert.

my folks live 5 min from there. I am gonna test this out and will be sending you the bill, along with Whodini's NickyD bill if it just "aint all that"

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Link should have been http://www.nickydspizza.com/ . You can google directions, but it's across the street from the fire dept. on Rowena & Glendale in Silverlake.

I personally like it for being informal and cozy, making it great for a date while feeling like you're at the LA's best-kept secret. It's family friendly so bring the kids. Prices are a little higher than standard fare, but this stuff's woodfired and the ingredients are fresh. Again, my go-to pizza is the rec I gave GS. Can't miss.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
my folks live 5 min from there. I am gonna test this out and will be sending you the bill, along with Whodini's NickyD bill if it just "aint all that"
That reminds me, if I don't like the TaT suit I get can I send you the bill?
Originally Posted by Get Smart
that wouldnt be Pulciano's deli would it? used to at lunch there on weekends quite a bit
Nope. This place doesn't have an actual restaurant, just banquet space and a kitchen for their events.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Link should have been http://www.nickydspizza.com/ . You can google directions, but it's across the street from the fire dept. on Rowena & Glendale in Silverlake.

I personally like it for being informal and cozy, making it great for a date while feeling like you're at the LA's best-kept secret. It's family friendly so bring the kids. Prices are a little higher than standard fare, but this stuff's woodfired and the ingredients are fresh. Again, my go-to pizza is the rec I gave GS. Can't miss.

fing02[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
That reminds me, if I don't like the TaT suit I get can I send you the bill?

touche....................................*****.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
All that tailorin' makin' you a bit cranky in your old age, eh? BTW, I got my hands on a burned copy of "This is England" if you want one. Who's the ***** now?

I forgot my other favorite pizza was found in Vienna at one of the many pizza/falafel stands around the city (and most of Germany/Austria for that matter). Thin with ham and corn. Odd but cheap and delicious.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
All that tailorin' makin' you a bit cranky in your old age, eh? BTW, I got my hands on a burned copy of "This is England" if you want one. Who's the ***** now?

HOLY CRAP??!!! are you serious??????? ok, what perversity do I need to go thru to get a copy of that?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Nice.
Heh, thanks. It is. (note the modesty). It, unfortunately, does not have the benefit of arriving at the door upon request.

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Thin crust pizza at Pizza Meine Liebe, topped with buffalo mozzerella, sliced tomato, whole fresh basil leaves and slices of smoky cured speck.

Pretty much the same sans the cured speck at Il Forno in Stockholm. Baked in an old wood heated oven. For pizzas as with most things in life... less is more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics