• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
On the way to a Scoops run after lunch, I spied this on Vermont:
IMAG0158.jpg
Paradis opened in LA? Since when? I never got a chance to hit up the one in Montrose so I decided to give it a shot.
IMAG0157.jpg
The ice cream is great, but soft as hell = melting super fast outside. I got the Milk ice cream with cherry and chocolate, although I tasted the crap out of everything else. I really liked it; good change of pace from the go-to Scoops a couple blocks/miles away. $3.50/1 scoop, $4.50/2 scoops, $5.50/3 scoops, etc 1726 N. Vermont (I know, lame photo shots. Nothing really food-Appreciation worthy)

They're having their grand opening this Saturday with free ice cream from 12-4. I'll be helping out so stop on by.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I may have to drop buy if Alberto is playing soda jerk. I'll try to drop by with my kid.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm going to stop by but Alby won't know it's me.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
What's the deal with Sprinkles? When I was on my way to LeatherSoul I walked by and it was packed. It's just a cupcake, right?

You are correct. The females in my office flock there during the lunch break and can't stop raving about the red velvet cakes.
facepalm.gif

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
What's the deal with Sprinkles? When I was on my way to LeatherSoul I walked by and it was packed. It's just a cupcake, right?

TOTALLY OVERRATED.

Good, yes. Worth standing in line for like a ******* moron? No way. I honestly like Crumbs and Famous Cupcakes more than Sprinkles.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
BTW, Society of the Spectacles in Eagle Rock..... worth a look?

They're great.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The red velvet cupcakes are good, just not worth what they charge or waiting in line. It's not real food for lunch where you have to eat something when you're hungry, but just a dessert you can easily skip. Besides, the red velvet at doughboys is better.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it when people bring in sprinkles cupcakes as gifts for our office. I waited in line once and even 5-10 minutes is too much to wait for a cupcake.

Even better are Delucious cookies and milk.
teacha.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I think Porto's is overrated. Sure its good, but again, people treat it like its the best thing ever and show it off when they go to parties. My parents even brought some back, took on a flight to have for christmas....wtf.

Can't believe I waited in line that long to get a fruit tart or some fried potato balls or whatever. Sandwiches are not that great either.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet Lady Jane and their Chocolate Bobka Cake.

Game Over.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
On a related note, I think Porto's is overrated. Sure its good, but again, people treat it like its the best thing ever and show it off when they go to parties. My parents even brought some back, took on a flight to have for christmas....wtf.

Can't believe I waited in line that long to get a fruit tart or some fried potato balls or whatever. Sandwiches are not that great either.

The Porto's they just opened in Downey is soooo annoying always a million people, all loud, and a huge line and their **** isn't that good. The pastry dough is way lighter and tastier at another cuban cafe in the area.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads