• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Recommendations?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I am looking to get some polos and wanted to see if you guys have any recommendations on brands/stores to look. I currently have a bunch of plain polos, but I feel its a bit boring wearing jeans/khakis with solid polos. I'm hoping to find something more interesting.

Thanks for the input!

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a new polo at H&M that looked like a fred perry polo, black with the red and white stitching on the sleeves and collar, looked really good.

I have a cool Ben Sherman blue argyle polo, same one Get Smart has. But I bought mine first.
nod[1].gif

Actually this is a good question, I'd like to see what other people recommend because I'm looking for some as well.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much do the AA polos shrink post-wash, no dry? A small fits me perfectly unwashed off the rack.

alterion

Reaction score
i found some amazing polo's in dover street market today, but at £70-110 i decided to pass for the moment

Max

Reaction score
I like le tigre.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alterion
£70-110

!!!!

This deanandtrent place may be a good option...

covington

Reaction score
I think a lot of the cost for Fred Perry polos is brand pricing. That is, you pay to wear a Fred Perry. However, they are of good quality and they are nice looking. My girlfriend bought me a green Fred Perry polo for christmas and the shade of dark green is spectacular.

phaedrus

Reaction score
i found some amazing polo's in dover street market today, but at £70-110 i decided to pass for the moment

What polos were they? CDG?

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
How much do the AA polos shrink post-wash, no dry? A small fits me perfectly unwashed off the rack.

I've found they shrink up quite a bit in the length, very little anywhere else. Same deal with their Ts, so if you have Ts, they shrink like that.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to Hijack too much, but I am planning a trip to the RL store or outlet this weekend to pick up some new custom fits. I was going to go for a white, a blue, and either a light pink or lavender. Between those two, which would you say? I'm comfortable rocking either color, but am just a little unsure, considering I'll likely only get one of the two.

alterion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaedrus
What polos were they? CDG?
I very nearly bought the £70 one, probably should have done actually, was a wonderfull all over sketch thing, can't remember the brand but it was on the second or third floor
biggrin.gif
the £110 one was raf simmons. there were some nice fred perry X CDG ones for about £100 aswell.
You can almost get an H&K shirt on sale for that much! Jon.
sorry i'm fashion ignorant really i just pretend- what is h&k? ( i googled but i guess its not the german weapons manufacturer or the stainless steel cookware brand
smile.gif
) the was that supposed to be irony? if so i apologise for messing up your high fashion joke, if not i apologise for insinuating you thought £100 was not too much to spend on a polo shirt

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I very nearly bought the £70 one, probably should have done actually, was a wonderfull all over sketch thing, can't remember the brand but it was on the second or third floor
biggrin.gif
the £110 one was raf simmons. there were some nice fred perry X CDG ones for about £100 aswell.

sorry i'm fashion ignorant really i just pretend- what is h&k? ( i googled but i guess its not the german weapons manufacturer or the stainless steel cookware brand
smile.gif
) the was that supposed to be irony? if so i apologise for messing up your high fashion joke, if not i apologise for insinuating you thought £100 was not too much to spend on a polo shirt

It's Hiltich and Key (though I know that's not how you spell it), IIRC. They are an English shirt maker. Or are you guys talking about something else?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads