• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
Just a few items from recent trips:

A pair of Moreschi black brogues, perfect timing as they'll replace my recently-deceased rain / beater work shoes:

Hayward of Mount Street bespoke tweed suit - stunning, with soft shoulders and a silhouette to die for, but it's a bit too small:

Recent (2006) Dege & Skinner charcoal bespoke suit:

Oh, and I got a Berlusconi tie a couple of months back:

SAM_5374.JPG

And I thought this thread was dead! Nice haul, especially on the Hayward - that's a very nice find indeed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the back side of a HW tag I see there? I gotta get back there...

jmacak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Bravo, dude. I thrift in Seattle and sure haven't ever seen a Kiton.
Hi

You know, I was just thinking a couple weeks ago, seven years of thrifting and I've never seen anything by Kiton.

I'm still trying to get my wife to take some pics, because, as you know, until there's pics, it really has not happened.

cheers

joe

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilmann40
The thing that I hate about thrifting is that for me, the only thing I really find is ties, because I need Smalls and 36S suits. Pretty much never run into those goodies.

Same here. ******* fatties.

mat135ta

Reaction score
I got 5 or 6 Robert Talbott Estate shirts in staple colors in 16.5/35 and a Zegna blue shirt in 16L. They will be available for trade or sale. The RT Estate shirts have HUGE MOP buttons, the thickest I have ever seen except the ones that I am selling
wink.gif

I left a pair of bespoke shoes whose photos are shown below. Can anyone ID these shoes? They can't be Lobb, right?

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mat135ta
I left a pair of bespoke shoes whose photos are shown below. Can anyone ID these shoes? They can't be Lobb, right?

Not Lobbs, not bespoke either--they have a size stamp.

They're hand made in Italy, can't read for whom. They're undoubtedly very nice shoes.

Reaction score
The thing that I hate about thrifting is that for me, the only thing I really find is ties, because I need Smalls and 36S suits. Pretty much never run into those goodies.
+1. Same thing goes for me also - very rarely I find size Small shirts or 36S suits that fit me. I did find a pair of Brooks Brothers wool trousers (30x30) but ended up not getting them due to the price. I'll keep on looking and maybe some day I'll get lucky.

mat135ta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staatsoper
Not Lobbs, not bespoke either--they have a size stamp.

They're hand made in Italy, can't read for whom. They're undoubtedly very nice shoes.

Thanks for the info! I didn't buy them, even though they are in my size. They are very pointy, and the store was asking $40 for them.

951socal

Reaction score
Got a calvin klien collection sport coat in a 38R, one size too small

label is white though i though white label was the diffusion stuff?

anyone want it?

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I didn't buy them, even though they are in my size. They are very pointy, and the store was asking $40 for them.

Wow, I had a pair of mystery shoes with the exact same markings/nail pattern/etc. Probably the same maker. I couldnt figure out who though, the best I could get is that its an italien factory that makes shoes for high end retailers. Mine had an original retail of 600 (probably an inflated price), and I got them at steep discount too.

Oxford

Reaction score
This isn't a thrift pickup, but I figured I'd post here because this thread is obviously a collection of the best and the brightest vintage clothing IDers
bigstar[1].gif

Anyway, my stepdad pulled out this 1970s Collezione SA (?) leather jacket today and asked me its worth. I know Collezione makes leathers for Armani now, but thats pretty much the extent of my knowledge in this field. The tag says made in Korea, which I know is a terrible sign, but its the most amazing leather I've ever felt. It has tons of interior and exterior pockets, including a giant snap pocket on the back...its definitely designed for duckhunting, but I don't really have much more insight. A few pics are attached. Let me know if you guys know anything else that may be relevant. Also, he said it retailed for $400, but that was 35 years ago...

Collezione2.jpg

Collezione.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tear
frown.gif
Oh well, its a learning process I suppose. How can you tell by the way?

The label. There is no faker fake than that. With experience, you will know what the right ones look like.
100% not bespoke, 100% not Lobb. The writing is indicative of a Lattanzi, but Im pretty sure they are not. Maybe Bontoni?
Originally Posted by Oxford
This isn't a thrift pickup, but I figured I'd post here because this thread is obviously a collection of the best and the brightest vintage clothing IDers
bigstar[1].gif

Approximate value - $2.50 Re-donate it and keep the receipt for a tax write off to profit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads