• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorts: What will be your "1 step above the masses" pair this summer?

CJones

Reaction score
Billy Reid makes good shorts. I have two pairs. One is a chambray and the other a khaki linen. They're short and they feel very nice. I bought them on sale a month or two ago but would definitely recommend them even at full price. I'll be rocking these most of summer:
billy%20reid%20wilson%20shorts%20in%20blue%20fronrt.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I don't own a pair of shorts as of today. I'm thinking about buying a pair of Mabitex or Incotex pants and making shorts out of them. Anything wrong with that?
i dont see why not. I have a pair of brick red BB milano chinos that Im considering turning into short. would look almost like the red polo shirts from a previous post

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% linen and some 70/30 linen/silk combos.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A gentlemen doesn't show his legs in public.
rolleyes.gif

CJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
A gentlemen doesn't show his legs in public.
rolleyes.gif

Hogwash.
smack.gif

mic

Reaction score
Wearing pants will appropriately differentiate me from the masses.

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Have a bunch of Masons and Engineered Garments shorts I picked up super cheap last fall from a local outlet store. They'll be getting a lot of wear this summer. I've been on the look out for some cheap Vineyard Vines shorts as well, but no luck yet.

I went to an outlet around labor day and got them discounted to the 30's I think. I don't know if there's any earlier sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads