• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corter Leather Goods - Definitive Thread

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
As anyone heard from Eric @ corter recently? I purchased a belt and sent him a question via email and haven't really heard anything about either (got the paypal confirmation email though).

I talked with him over the weekend. Please be patient with him, I am sure your belt is on the way.

Eric did that special bracelet for Japan Relief fund and got pretty overwhelmed. He made something like 1500 bracelets and raised around $30,000 for Japan. Owesome job, but he is still playing catch up. Give him a bit more time.

luwien

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything yet in the past couple weeks? It's been almost a month since I placed my order and emailed Eric a few days ago, I haven't heard anything.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he just sent me an email. he'll probably get in touch with you when he gets to your order.

changed

Reaction score
sort of confused about this thread: is there any real reason to go through the OP when ordering stuff from Eric? Not trying to **** on the OP, but it seems easier to go directly through the Corter website. Perhaps BlueOwl stocks stuff in Seattle, making delivery easier for people on the left coast?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
sort of confused about this thread: is there any real reason to go through the OP when ordering stuff from Eric?

Well, judging from some of the responses in this thread, yeah, you can buy it already in stock or you can wait to see whether you'll get an email response in two months or so. That's one good reason.

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Well, judging from some of the responses in this thread, yeah, you can buy it already in stock or you can wait to see whether you'll get an email response in two months or so. That's one good reason.

Last time I bought something, I got in like a week. Didn't even know Eric sold through other people...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I think eric is kind of backed up so if you buy it from a retailer you can get it right away...and the point of this thread is to discusses eric's products...

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
sort of confused about this thread: is there any real reason to go through the OP when ordering stuff from Eric? Not trying to **** on the OP, but it seems easier to go directly through the Corter website. Perhaps BlueOwl stocks stuff in Seattle, making delivery easier for people on the left coast?

The point is this thread is to get the Corter name out there. Eric is a great guy and we love his concept and that is why we are supporting his business. Whether you buy direct from Eric or buy from a retailer does not matter, just that fact that you are purchasing Corter will help him grow the business. A majority of Corter's goods are made to order, so there can be a lead time. Buying from a retailer who has them in stock can get you the product quicker, plus exchange is easier.

As for what we do at Blue Owl, we do sell a lot of Corter goods to local customer who can see them in person, and we also sell a lot online and have shipped Corter items worldwide. Plus, we will be selling some exclusive items in the near future. We continue to support Eric because he makes a great product for a more than reasonable price.

modernART

Reaction score
now i can throw away my electrical cord.

more photos here: http://www.withoutwash.com/2011/05/new-belt-by-corter

corter-leather-belt-natural-1.jpg

corter-leather-belt-natural-2.jpg

corter-leather-belt-natural-front-1.jpg

changed

Reaction score
hmm... didn't realize my Corter belt had come all that far-- until I see those pictures.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corter Leather:
Our newest shipment from Corter brings a new design to their classic premium leather belt. The new design features an English bridle leather that is imported exclusively for Corter. The leather is a 16oz vegetable tanned leather that has skived down to approximately 12-14oz. The leather then is hand cut and finished with a strong nickel plated roller buckle and two Chicago screws. It is a simple design, but quality and will withstand time and abuse. The black version is oil dyed in house, the natural is kept simple and will darken with wear.

Corter Leather 14oz Vegetable Tanned Leather Standard Belt in Black - $55
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7995001
- Hand cut and hand sewn
- 1-1/2" wide, 3/16" thick
- 100% English bridle leather cowhide
- Brass with nickel plated roller buckle and hardware
- Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36
- Made in USA
7995001.1b.jpg
7995001.4b.jpg

7995001.3b.jpg
7995001.2b.jpg

Corter Leather 14oz Vegetable Tanned Leather Standard Belt in Natural - $55
- Hand cut and hand sewn
- Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36
- Made in USA
7995000.1b.jpg
7995000.2b.jpg

7995000.7b.jpg
7995000.4b.jpg

Also seen on our recent blog post http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...le-tanned.html.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but how do you guys match your boots/sneakers with your natural tanned belts colorwise?

parc

Reaction score
Corter has updated the website with their new offerings. I'm usually not a fan of bi-folds but their new offerings are making me think I may want one especially with the snazzy lining they have incorporated into the wallet.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corter Leather: Restock Standard Belts Corter's standard belt design features an English bridle leather that is imported exclusively for Corter. The leather is a 16oz vegetable tanned leather that has skived down to approximately 12-14oz. The leather then is hand cut and finished with a strong nickel plated roller buckle and two Chicago screws. It is a simple design, but quality and will withstand time and abuse. The black version is oil dyed in house, the natural is kept simple and will darken with wear.

Corter Leather 14oz Vegetable Tanned Leather Standard Belt in Black - $55
- Hand cut and hand sewn
- Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36
- Made in USA
7995001.1b.jpg
7995001.4b.jpg

7995001.3b.jpg
7995001.2b.jpg

Corter Leather 14oz Vegetable Tanned Leather Standard Belt in Natural - $55
- Hand cut and hand sewn
- Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36
- Made in USA
7995000.1b.jpg
7995000.2b.jpg

7995000.7b.jpg
7995000.4b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads