• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cartier Watches - Collection Privee

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tumblr_ll1503hXvK1qazg1ao1_500.jpg

Saw this on an internet blog...

Confused as to why the owner states this watch is CPCP - this is not to my understanding.

Any explanation?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a modified version of the Tank?

AE7

Reaction score
saw the same ones on the recent PG's pictures. might as well ask him.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Ya. I thought there should be a 'Paris' below Cartier for all CPCP stuff?
Many people dont know what they are selling on the interwebs, I guess.

ndsleep612

Reaction score
CPCP was Cartier's higher end watch line. Certain models were only available in the CPCP collection and not in their regular line. The CPCP watches started in the 5-figure price range and were available only with Gold or Platinum cases. All of the CPCP watches are scarce and made in very limited quantities.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndsleep612
CPCP was Cartier's higher end watch line. Certain models were only available in the CPCP collection and not in their regular line. The CPCP watches started in the 5-figure price range and were available only with Gold or Platinum cases. All of the CPCP watches are scarce and made in very limited quantities.

Er, you meant is Cartier's higher end watch line?
It is still in production right?

Is it also the case that all CPCP watches would have 'Paris' on their dials?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Ya. I thought there should be a 'Paris' below Cartier for all CPCP stuff?
Many people dont know what they are selling on the interwebs, I guess.

yeah, they all say paris on them. this one shown in the initial photo does not say paris. hence, not CPCP.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The older CPCP has Paris under Cartier on the back & the newer ones have it under Cartier on the face.

They only come in precious metals & are in limited supply.

My CPCP TA is from the early 90s & would be considered a M size now was made under limited quantities & not repeated since then. The newer CPCP TA are larger & have a manual wind FP movt.

Cartier changes from year to year with their signature details. For example Cartier written in fine font imbedded in the "V" in the numbers vary from year to year.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
it's the Tank American (versus the French version).
Or if you prefer ... Tank AmÃ
00a9.png
ricaine.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPCP Tank XL with regular Cartier Tank Note: Pics from watchprosite and monochrome
lclcxl.jpg
The CPCP has a beautiful form manual wind movement
BackXL.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The older CPCP has Paris under Cartier on the back & the newer ones have it under Cartier on the face.

They only come in precious metals & are in limited supply.

My CPCP TA is from the early 90s & would be considered a M size now was made under limited quantities & not repeated since then. The newer CPCP TA are larger & have a manual wind FP movt.

Cartier changes from year to year with their signature details. For example Cartier written in fine font imbedded in the "V" in the numbers vary from year to year.

The CPCP says paris under the cartier on the front... PG, did you buy this from an AD?

Jangofett

Reaction score
Err, I thought Cartier started CPCP recently due to ETA or some manufacturer refusing to supply some movements to labels anymore, so Cartier has to make its own movements and hence decided to create a new line, CPCP?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
The CPCP says paris under the cartier on the front... PG, did you buy this from an AD?
- let me check with another dealer tomorrow as the information I was given is stated above.
- either way, I paid a very fair price which included box & papers from one of the more reputable dealers in HKG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads