• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
What makes you think I can do such a thing?
Oh, no reason. (So did you do the lunar landing just for me, or was that one already in the hopper?)

Originally Posted by softy
Thus the loose tie blade is not always going to look like a splayed out 5'' tie, etc.
Exactamundo!

Originally Posted by poissa
pinstripes2.jpg

pinstripes3.jpg

You're looking a bit frumpy and disheveled, my friend. Part of it is your poorly tucked shirt and unbuttoned suit jacket, and part of it is the unflattering camera angle. It also appears that your shirt is too blousy, and that your suit coat sleeves are a bit short. I'm certainly not diggin' the tie, but that's a matter of personal preference. I am also resistant to wearing button-down collars with suits. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Crat
2yw93yv.jpg

I think I like this a lot, but I don't trust my monitor. Is that a brown suit, a blue/white striped shirt, and an orange tie?

Originally Posted by tomee
DSC_4934-1.jpg

Welcome! I think that's a great look, but it might be more suited to SWD.

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UpperWestie

AP002-1.jpg

Gorge is way too high IMO, but other than that and the large, mis-shapen knot, this is spectacular. Great windowpane and well chosen colors and textures for furnishings.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First day out in the new 1/4 lined linen coat...a few tweaks needed, but here's what it is:
IMG_0307-1.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0311-1.jpg
IMG_0313.jpg
I think the middle button needs to be adjusted. Not sure if the back could use an iron or a bit of a tweak, since it is lineb it does wrinkle more easily, but that isn't the type of wrinkle I'd expect. Thoughts?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Oh, no reason. (So did you do the lunar landing just for me, or was that one already in the hopper?)

Hopper, I'm afraid. But you can forget that if it makes you feel better.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
While I'm not fussed by the light top/dark trou as much as some here, I think the bucks with this combo don't work so well.
It's okay, though, since they're not all that white.
rimshot.gif

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
First day out in the new 1/4 lined linen coat...a few tweaks needed, but here's what it is:
IMG_0307-1.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311-1.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

I think the middle button needs to be adjusted. Not sure if the back could use an iron or a bit of a tweak, since it is lineb it does wrinkle more easily, but that isn't the type of wrinkle I'd expect. Thoughts?

You know Rob I was looking at the button placement and its not aligned with the button hole. I looked at your shoulder and you seem to be rather dropped right. I don't think its your shoulder though but your hip. upon close inspection one trouser (the picture at the back) is slightly longer than the other and consistant with the button placing being not quite there and the drop shoulder. You could think about padding that shoulder, cutting to compensate or doing a combination of both.

This is very, very slight though and you may decide to do something about it or not. I hope you don't think I am taking the piss here. Just trying to be constructive.

The balance on the coat skirt is nice but you could try lifting it a touch from the top collar, the coat is hitting the top of your seat a touch. Again though, splitting hairs.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Rob-

While I'm not fussed by the light top/dark trou as much as some here, I think the bucks with this combo don't work so well.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
It's okay, though, since they're not all that white.
rimshot.gif

I thought about whiskey shell, maybe would opt for that next go around. What other pants would you wear with this jacket? These are my beat up bucks...lol, I also have a pair of pristine ones.

The jacket fit though is what I'd really like critique on. I think the right front (my right) is a bit off. Its a combination of button point (the button just needs to be adjusted a scooch) and the dart that makes the pattern curve. Once the button is moved, I think the effect of the dart placement on the pattern will be much less, but the combo of the two really throws an asymmetrical image out there that I'd like fixed. Am I correct in this assumption?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
You know Rob I was looking at the button placement and its not aligned with the button hole. I looked at your shoulder and you seem to be rather dropped right. I don't think its your shoulder though but your hip. upon close inspection one trouser (the picture at the back) is slightly longer than the other and consistant with the button placing being not quite there and the drop shoulder. You could think about padding that shoulder, cutting to compensate or doing a combination of both.

This is very, very slight though and you may decide to do something about it or not. I hope you don't think I am taking the piss here. Just trying to be constructive.

The balance on the coat skirt is nice but you could try lifting it a touch from the top collar, the coat is hitting the top of your seat a touch. Again though, splitting hairs.

Not at all David, this is exactly what I want. It is my hip, one is about 1/2 inch higher than the other, combined with a bit of a drop on the opposite shoulder. I don't like padding shoulders differently though. Next jacket I will mention about the compensation in the cut though for sure. I know he does it, but perhaps not enough. The drop is very significant (see a photo with just a shirt). The pants are cotton Incotex, and I often have to go back even with my bespoke to have them fully adjusted after a days wear. Every time I'm in a tryon, even if I keep it on and hang out for a few minutes, it is never as noticeable as once I'm wearing them IRL.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
prkr512b.jpg
prkr512c.jpg
Old man pose. Complete with hiked up trou and haphazardly tied knot.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Panta
inlove.gif

Does anyone on SF even wear anything else anymore?
confused.gif
I have the same tie, and had issues getting a good knot on it. Yours looks pretty good, so I guess it's operator error ... Where is this picture taken? Love that wall and space.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Not at all David, this is exactly what I want. It is my hip, one is about 1/2 inch higher than the other, combined with a bit of a drop on the opposite shoulder. I don't like padding shoulders differently though. Next jacket I will mention about the compensation in the cut though for sure. I know he does it, but perhaps not enough. The drop is very significant (see a photo with just a shirt). The pants are cotton Incotex, and I often have to go back even with my bespoke to have them fully adjusted after a days wear. Every time I'm in a tryon, even if I keep it on and hang out for a few minutes, it is never as noticeable as once I'm wearing them IRL.

Its not a big deal your probably conscious of it though. My old Manager at Gieves had come off his scooter and had a drop hip. When I was pinning up his trousers he we was a real nightmare about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads