• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or post-GOMAD?

--Andre

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
P-90X "before" photo?

confused.gif

Yes, was there ever an update to that?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
If I can see Foo's penis outline, are his pants too tight?
No, it means you are looking too hard.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Or post-GOMAD?

--Andre

I believe that most weight lifting gloves are fingerless. So, the prognosis is exceptional.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Foo looks good, wtf is wrong with you people??

Handknit Shetland, you cosplaying mothafwocker.

That was not a complete sentence. But you get my drift.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe that most weight lifting gloves are fingerless. So, the prognosis is exceptional.
Handknit Shetland, you cosplaying mothafwocker. That was not a complete sentence. But you get my drift.
....!

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
2) I see a lot of 20-30 something wearing mad men 60s GQ bullshit (not on the forum) and I don't like it. It is not a personal remix of various influences and aspirational cosplaying (Fred Astaire, duke of whatever, some 40s photographs, and so on and so forth) but a rigid styling guide followed as is with barely any personal imput.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Am I right? Kulture klash and so forth?

confused.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foo looks good, wtf is wrong with you people??

ooops, are you serious?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1. I agree that the Mad Men influence is real. No, you don't see all that many men replicating the look 100%, but you certainly do see elements of it everywhere: shorter jackets, skinny lapels, skinny ties, etc. This is particularly obvious when you consider the trends trickling down from fashion designers to brands like Banana Republic.

2. Where Fuuma is wrong is concluding that any wearing of tie/jacket is costume. The underlying presumption behind such a conclusion is that there is no objective aesthetic good achieved through classic tailored clothing and that it can only be 'good' against a certain social or historical context (making it costume). We could debate that presumption forever, but I don't think one can logically reach his assertion without some very overreaching premises regarding the nature of aesthetics and style.

Hence, both Manton and Fuuma are wrong and I win.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads