• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That is awesome. Any idea when that ad dates from? I'll take 3 pairs of $7 Aldens.
smile.gif

Kenal0

Reaction score
I will take 100 pair today. There is no website or email address on the advertisement either.
Kenal0

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue collar
On the topic of ravello, does anyone know of any Shortwing bluchers in revello that are available or "coming down the pipe" from any retailers? This to me is the elusive shoe of all shoes.
not Alden, or ravello, but awfully close is the C&J for Ralph Lauren Darlton shortwing blucher. it's in a beautiful dark cognac shell (somewhere between ravelllo and cigar) and the finishing/quality is probably superior to the Alden. and they could be had for $470 + tax just last week. you can generally buy them anytime for $800 (which is probably $100 more than any new ravello custom makeup will be).

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
not Alden, or ravello, but awfully close is the C&J for Ralph Lauren Darlton shortwing blucher. it's in a beautiful dark cognac shell (somewhere between ravelllo and cigar) and the finishing/quality is probably superior to the Alden. and they could be had for $470 + tax. you can generally buy them anytime for $800 (which is probably $100 more than any new ravello custom makeup will be).

Got a link to these?

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
Thanks! I really like them myself. I Don't wear them nearly as much as should.

If they're size 8.5D I'll buy them from you.
bounce2.gif

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If I recall correctly, those shoes were on sale for approx $450 on the Ralph Lauren website (plus an additional discount) last week and I think they are all sold out. But obviously correct me if I am wrong.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
^ If I recall correctly, those shoes were on sale for approx $450 on the Ralph Lauren website (plus an additional discount) last week and I think they are all sold out. But obviously correct me if I am wrong.
right, they could be bought only from RL directly (online or B&M), but they went fast at $500 ish and are now harder to find and I think are now gone completely. you can try PM'ing SF'er skinnygoomba who could track some down potentially, but now at full retail price keep your eyes open for ralph lauren darlton / marlow wingtip

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I wasn't asking about those. I meant the Ralph Lauren ones.

OK, since you clearly know who sells them, do you really need somebody to give you a direct link?

Can we please get back to obsessing over Aldens?

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
FedEx just dropped off the black shells. Aldens for this week:
2n1bdhx.jpg

That's a great week! They look great enjoy wearing them.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Ravello varies a lot.

ravellos.jpg

Ravello and Whiskey.
ravwhisk1.jpg

That's a variety I could live with. You have a spectacular collection of Aldens.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I wasn't asking about those. I meant the Ralph Lauren ones.

You can reach out to RL directly. Also, I am willing to bet there will be a lot of extra shoes of these on sale in the $500 range on ebay and on this site after the recent sale (people will be putting up ill fitting pairs for sale)

I know this is an Alden thread but lovers of cordovan should definitely consider Darltons as well, they are great shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads