• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably showing how much of a n00b I am, but I just discovered a tester of light violet Prada cologne that smells ******* incredible. I haven't loved a fragrance like this in ages. It's a bit floral, almost feminine, but god damn. I know what I'm asking for on my birthday
bounce2.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colonia Intensa - Very pleasant and "manly", unlike the original which dries down to a floral melange.
Originally Posted by El Argentino
I had a Creed SA try to tell me that Erolfa was the "sensual" version of VIW...
confused.gif
Either way, it's never come off as unique to me.

Never been a fan of Erolfa, although it is good as a base layering scent to extend the life of other citrus fragrances - Basically 1 spray of Erolfa to 2 sprays of a citrus cologne. The beautiful but fleeting Neroli Sauvage really benefits from doing this.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Tried Jubilation XXV today and liked it much more than I thought I would. I have had very good luck with sandalwood scents but pretty bad luck with incense-based ones. Jubilation is probably the best incense-based one I've tried. Too bad I missed the split!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Tried Jubilation XXV today and liked it much more than I thought I would. I have had very good luck with sandalwood scents but pretty bad luck with incense-based ones. Jubilation is probably the best incense-based one I've tried. Too bad I missed the split!

Incense and a dried fruit note. Good longevity.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
I'm sure there will be another split in the near future. Hell, I'll probably end up hosting it myself as I'd like to have at least 10ml around for the collection.

milosh

Reaction score
Dior Homme Intense for my first birthday party, Bigarade ConcentrÃ
00a9.png
e for the second one.

Tom R

Reaction score
Burberry - The Beat

Just received some samples of Grey Vetiver and Terre d'Hermes that I'm eager to try...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Burberry note, sporting an old bottle of London today. Shame it was discontinued.

CologneReview

Reaction score
SOTD is going to be Creed Erolfa again. Trying to find something to enjoy with this one.

Also was trying to figure out if folks would be interested in a split of Selection Verte by Creed. It's apparently in their "Private Collection" and only being released for a short period of time.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I don't think that its THAT special. You can get it pretty regularly.

Oh I was reading that it's been released this year and then once it's gone it goes "back into the vault". Like I said I've got no clue, just what I had read. I know it has some fans on here and BN and since you can only buy flacons I figured it'd be a good split.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Incense and a dried fruit note. Good longevity.
I beg to differ on the longevity. It ranks as the lowest in longevity amongst all my niche/designer colognes. I have to spray four times on my neck to get around 6 hours MAX of longevity. That being said, it's my favorite :p

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Oh I was reading that it's been released this year and then once it's gone it goes "back into the vault". Like I said I've got no clue, just what I had read. I know it has some fans on here and BN and since you can only buy flacons I figured it'd be a good split.
Huh. I was under the impression that it was always available. At least it seems that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads