• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody dealt with member stilmacher? Confused as to what to do

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Just to comment on the timing issue since it seems some are accusing me of being impatient: what was killing was the contrast. When stilmacher offered his item for sale, he answered to PMs in matters of minutes. Then when the deal was closed I had no answer from him or anyone representing him for 12 days (from Saturday 30/5 to Wednesday 11/5), without him ever telling me that would happen before.

Seriously folks, as much as I understand the idea of being off the grid, nowadays, when you know you're going to be offline for more than 5 days, you tend to give advance warning to people with whom you're interacting at that moment, right?

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Still waiting for the new tracking number.

You must have not dated much.

You would be attentive, responsive and patient before sealing the deal but once the deal is done, you would put her at the bottom of the to-do list while you scour for the next one.

Anyway, I think once he posted out the item, he would think it would be unnecesary to keep you in the loop, since your deal is done.

Tibo

Reaction score
Agreed in general, but not to the tune of keeping people waiting for 12 days.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
You must have not dated much.

You would be attentive, responsive and patient before sealing the deal but once the deal is done, you would put her at the bottom of the to-do list while you scour for the next one.

Anyway, I think once he posted out the item, he would think it would be unnecesary to keep you in the loop, since your deal is done.

Are you being serious? I don't think that's right at all, whether it's in the context of dating or selling merchandise.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Are you being serious? I don't think that's right at all, whether it's in the context of dating or selling merchandise.

Hey, when I sell you something, my job is nearly done when I give you the tracking number.
I can help you contact the post office when you still dont get it after a few weeks, but there's nothing much I can do from that point onwards.

And please dont expect me to be on call for you and put my life on hold for you for the next few weeks, until you finally get the item and indicate to me you are pleased with it. I mean I ain't Barnes and Frigging Noble.

BTW I reckon you do not date much too right?
sarcasm.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus

Sex and money are too serious matters to play with them...

Love is a different matter.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888
Plus the travelling excuse is such horse **** nowadays. Who travels without a cell phone or laptop/e-reader or vacations in the Sahara without any internet access? Especially someone who has money.. please. Poor excuse if you ask me.

I travel without a cell phone and/or laptop. When I am on holiday I am on holiday. Plenty of people with money, perhaps especially people with money like to get off the grid when they are on holiday.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
I travel without a cell phone and/or laptop. When I am on holiday I am on holiday. Plenty of people with money, perhaps especially people with money like to get off the grid when they are on holiday.

Fully agree with that statement...

Switch off the mobile and no internet...

alphaO888

Reaction score

The guy didn't respond for 12 days. There is no flight in the world that takes 12 days.

If you're retired then i can understand if you're disconnected from the world. Or if you inherited your money and you have absolutely no responsibilities. I can say that the all of extremely wealthy, successful, and actively working people I know do not go for more than a few days without some sort of communication via internet or email.

12 days unplugged from the grid is a long time. And since he has an assistant, it really is irresponsible for him not to have resolved the situation during that time period.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The guy didn't respond for 12 days. There is no flight in the world that takes 12 days.

If you're retired then i can understand if you're disconnected from the world. Or if you inherited your money and you have absolutely no responsibilities. I can say that the all of extremely wealthy, successful, and actively working people I know do not go for more than a few days without some sort of communication via internet or email.

12 days unplugged from the grid is a long time. And since he has an assistant, it really is irresponsible for him not to have resolved the situation during that time period.

It is not good business pratice for sure...

If I decide to sell my suits , I will be replying to e-mails as soon as possible..

It is a question of decorum and gravitas.

Noblesse oblige ...

Jangofett

Reaction score
And since he has an assistant, it really is irresponsible for him not to have resolved the situation during that time period.

He has an assistant!
Wow! Are we gonna start threads and posts about how much he is charging for his goods?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're retired then i can understand if you're disconnected from the world. Or if you inherited your money and you have absolutely no responsibilities. I can say that the all of extremely wealthy, successful, and actively working people I know do not go for more than a few days without some sort of communication via internet or email. 12 days unplugged from the grid is a long time.

I employ good people and unless someone wants to buy us or one of our targets becomes for sale I do not want to know. If they have to contact me they know where I am staying.

You friends have to learn how to delegate.

Tibo

Reaction score
Guys, this thread is going in a direction I feel uncomfortable with. My intention has never been to bash the seller for what he did or didn't, but rather to find a solution at a time when I believed I was about to loose $500.

The situation isn't solved yet but at least I got indications it might end up being solved in the future. That's a way better situation than when I started the thread. That aside, I feel that discussions about the seller's wealth, lifestyle etc. are completely inappropriate. I also don't exactly see how they would help solving my problem. So let's please refrain from them. I don't want to be (albeit indirectly) responsible of the seller's reputation on the SF.

alphaO888

Reaction score
I employ good people and unless someone wants to buy us or one of our targets becomes for sale I do not want to know. If they have to contact me they know where I am staying.

You friends have to learn how to delegate.

It has nothing to do with delegating, it has to do with being in the know.

It probably has more to do with what industry you work in. As an example, in buy-side finance you need to be constantly plugged in or else you stand to lose.

There is no reason why not to carry around a communications device now a days. There's something new called a silence mode built into these devices.

And not to be a d*ck, if your place of business can risk lasting 12 days without being able to reach you, you're probably not that essential.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And not to be a d*ck, if your place of business can risk lasting 12 days without being able to reach you, you're probably not that essential.

Nobody is indispensable - not even you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads