• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get rid of some strange amicably?

Alpha1

Reaction score
While at the local bar, I run into a girl I've met once and seen around town a few times but don't know. We're both drinking and one thing leads to another. After half going at it in every bar in town, she ends up at my place. Instead of going home in the morning, she sticks around so we just keep at it, go out for breakfast/drinks, and then back at it. I finally get her out around mid-day and only because I already late for an out-of-town party. She spends the rest of the day and the next insisting she's ready and available for more.

Unfortunately, she ended up with (probably stole) something I really wanted back. We exchange texts for a few days until we arrange a quick mid-day (and totally innocent) meeting so I can get my stuff back. The meeting is short, drama-free and ends with a quick hug. Since this, she's been texting, calling, etc that she wants to get together again.

She's insanely hot and I hit on her at the bar, but she's too crazy for me. I have a few better choices that I've also been out with (and who wouldn't be happy about this even if we aren't exclusive).

I haven't taken the bait on any of her explicit texts, but I have had a few exchanges with her about mundane stuff because I don't want to be an ass (and she's almost too hot to resist, especially after a few drinks). When she suggests getting together, I either ignore it or am too busy. Obviously, I never pick up her calls. I assumed she'd take the hint and things would just sort of fizzle out with no hurt feelings. She isn't and they haven't.

I'm going to run into this girl a lot and don't need any drama or this girl pissed off at me. Clearly, the exchanges have just encouraged her. I have a feeling this girl is going to create problems if she feels slighted. Any amicable way out of this (especially one that will keep her from making scene when she sees me out with other women in a very small town)? Would meeting her for drink and making sure no one feels the spark help? Should I just give this more time to fizzle?

TLDR: Took a crazy chic home, now she thinks we're dating. I want to take other girls out, but she's gonna flip when I run into her. FML.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alpha1
While at the local bar, I run into a girl I've met once and seen around town a few times but don't know. We’re both drinking and one thing leads to another. After half going at it in every bar in town, she ends up at my place. Instead of going home in the morning, she sticks around so we just keep at it, go out for breakfast/drinks, and then back at it. I finally get her out around mid-day and only because I already late for an out-of-town party. She spends the rest of the day and the next insisting she's ready and available for more. Unfortunately, she ended up with (probably stole) something I really wanted back. We exchange texts for a few days until we arrange a quick mid-day (and totally innocent) meeting so I can get my stuff back. The meeting is short, drama-free and ends with a quick hug. Since this, she's been texting, calling, etc that she wants to get together again. She's insanely hot and I hit on her at the bar, but she's too crazy for me. I have a few better choices that I've also been out with (and who wouldn't be happy about this even if we aren't exclusive). I haven't taken the bait on any of her explicit texts, but I have had a few exchanges with her about mundane stuff because I don't want to be an ass (and she's almost too hot to resist, especially after a few drinks). When she suggests getting together, I either ignore it or am too busy. Obviously, I never pick up her calls. I assumed she'd take the hint and things would just sort of fizzle out with no hurt feelings. She isn't and they haven't. I'm going to run into this girl a lot and don't need any drama or this girl pissed off at me. Clearly, the exchanges have just encouraged her. I have a feeling this girl is going to create problems if she feels slighted. Any amicable way out of this (especially one that will keep her from making scene when she sees me out with other women in a very small town)? Would meeting her for drink and making sure no one feels the spark help? Should I just give this more time to fizzle? TLDR: Took a crazy chic home, now she thinks we're dating. I want to take other girls out, but she's gonna flip when I run into her. FML.
plain.gif
I'm going to try and resist getting trolled. Just tell her you want to be friends. It's not complicated.
ffffuuuu.gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Troll
lurker[1].gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While at the local bar, I run into a girl I've met once and seen around town a few times but don't know. We're both drinking and one thing leads to another. After half going at it in every bar in town, she ends up at my place. Instead of going home in the morning, she sticks around so we just keep at it, go out for breakfast/drinks, and then back at it. I finally get her out around mid-day and only because I already late for an out-of-town party. She spends the rest of the day and the next insisting she's ready and available for more.

Unfortunately, she ended up with (probably stole) something I really wanted back. We exchange texts for a few days until we arrange a quick mid-day (and totally innocent) meeting so I can get my stuff back. The meeting is short, drama-free and ends with a quick hug. Since this, she's been texting, calling, etc that she wants to get together again.

She's insanely hot and I hit on her at the bar, but she's too crazy for me. I have a few better choices that I've also been out with (and who wouldn't be happy about this even if we aren't exclusive).

I haven't taken the bait on any of her explicit texts, but I have had a few exchanges with her about mundane stuff because I don't want to be an ass (and she's almost too hot to resist, especially after a few drinks). When she suggests getting together, I either ignore it or am too busy. Obviously, I never pick up her calls. I assumed she'd take the hint and things would just sort of fizzle out with no hurt feelings. She isn't and they haven't.

I'm going to run into this girl a lot and don't need any drama or this girl pissed off at me. Clearly, the exchanges have just encouraged her. I have a feeling this girl is going to create problems if she feels slighted. Any amicable way out of this (especially one that will keep her from making scene when she sees me out with other women in a very small town)? Would meeting her for drink and making sure no one feels the spark help? Should I just give this more time to fizzle?

TLDR: Took a crazy chic home, now she thinks we're dating. I want to take other girls out, but she's gonna flip when I run into her. FML.

Eat what's on your plate, there are starving children in China-- or so I've read.

I was reading today about Lonesome George, a tortoise who is the last known remaining member of his species. For decades, scientists have been searching in vain for a mate for him.

Lonesome-George.jpg

Every time you try to lose an insanely hawt chyk who's desperate to jump your bones, it's like you're spitting in the gnarled, impassive face of this lowly tagurtle.

I mean turtle, of course. Why would I say tagurtle? That's crazy!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
laugh.gif

I'm guessing you left out the part of your story which gives any credibility to the 'crazy' depiction...?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would keep her in my pocket to be honest.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matey...he's not lonesome at all. Scientists have basically allowed him to sample females of different tortoise subspecies to produce an heir. It's probably just an ordinary tortoise pretending to be rare and precious.

Originally Posted by tagutcow
Eat what's on your plate, there are starving children in China-- or so I've read.

I was reading today about Lonesome George, a tortoise who is the last known remaining member of his species. For decades, scientists have been searching in vain for a mate for him.

Lonesome-George.jpg

Every time you try to lose an insanely hawt chyk who's desperate to jump your bones, it's like you're spitting in the gnarled, impassive face of this lowly tagurtle.

I mean turtle, of course. Why would I say tagurtle? That's crazy!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I suggest the mods change your name to Beta1

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this post is in honor of FLMM

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hit...
Don't quit(keep in your pocket)...
And don't admit(unless she is really that hot!)

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first troll giveaway is the likelihood of a SF member getting sex from a hot chick.

But if it isn't, the Mallrats method - farting while getting a ** will forever send you back into the platonic zone.

Patrick James

Reaction score
***** is crazy. Give it to her straight. Crushing her is the only way she'll understand it was nothing but a fling and that it's over.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stick it in her poo hole dry, if she's into it don't quit, if not she will quit you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so who are you really, alfa?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads