• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

glowell222

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
^ get it if you like it. its cheap anyways right?

hook up on the hamilton canteen?

The Hamilton Canteen has been discontinued. There is a newer version (discontinued as well), but I don't really care for it myself-has two canteen covers on it and some crazy action going on the crystal.

Here is a stainless version with a bracelet on the bay (not mine). These retailed for about $1200 when new, I believe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exquisite-Hamilt...item3a635b28c2

RTenenbaum

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the difference between nato/grosgrain watchbands? I'm looking for a casual watch and really like the look of the J. Crew style watch strapshttp://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...3837/13837.jsp. What would you call these straps? Also, how can you tell which watches these straps will fit? For instance, if I pick up a Skagen, will it fit? Thanks for the help.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RTenenbaum
Can anyone explain the difference between nato/grosgrain watchbands? I'm looking for a casual watch and really like the look of the J. Crew style watch strapshttp://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...3837/13837.jsp. What would you call these straps? Also, how can you tell which watches these straps will fit? For instance, if I pick up a Skagen, will it fit? Thanks for the help.
Most "NATO" straps are made of nylon. They will be much sturdier than Grosgrain simply because they are woven thicker and tighter. I'd also go out on a limb and say that most NATO style straps will be more durable simply because of their intended use (nylon for function over grosgrain for style.) Also, in regard to Skagen specifically, most of their watches do not have swappable straps and use screw-in straps. I made sure the two I picked up used the traditional pin system so I could swap them out. Also, both of mine take a 20mm strap. This was the first Skagen I owned (in white face with brown strap) and though I loved it, the strap could not be changed out because it was cut and screwed directly into the body. This did provide a ridiculously streamlined look though:
433LSLB.jpg
433lslb-3.jpg

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eqqvlh.jpg

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glowell222
Seiko Blue Spark, automatic movement. I bought it for $235,and have had offers for $450.
I believe it. I'd advise you to never sell that watch, though. It's a classic.

Originally Posted by glowell222
Bought it some years ago while on a business trip to Japan-an impulse purchase. I think they are discontinued now, but maybe somebody else can tell you more on that.
Yes, discontinued several years ago. Very difficult to find now.

One was listed just two days ago on a watch forum and sold almost immediately (not to me, though
ffffuuuu.gif
).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those sea-gulls replicas or original designs? The one earlier in this thread is really nice.

Here's my version of a cheap watch:

LLGHS.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pokpok, we can't see your images because Imageshack sucks. Use imgur or something.

Anyone know if anyone is selling a Seagull 1963 with a glass front? Some have a plastic front.

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Pokpok, we can't see your images because Imageshack sucks. Use imgur or something.

Anyone know if anyone is selling a Seagull 1963 with a glass front? Some have a plastic front.

Right click on the image >> open in new tab.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justinsmnz
Right click on the image >> open in new tab.

No chance in hell I'm going to that kind of work on SF. Dozens of photos per page in certain threads.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Are those sea-gulls replicas or original designs? The one earlier in this thread is really nice.

I assume originals. Metlin?

Originally Posted by acecow
Here's my version of a cheap watch:

LLGHS.jpg

Beautiful, acecow. Just lovely.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Seagulls are originals. They are a re-issues/homage to the 1963 chronographs once in production

alexanduh

Reaction score
damn. the titanium hamilton sucks compared to yours though. sigh. that daniel wellington is a fine lookin watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads