• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FedEx just dropped off the black shells. Aldens for this week:
2n1bdhx.jpg

dannynoonan

Reaction score
Sorry, sizing question.

I tried on a pair of Indys a while back locally and was fitted to a 10.5D on the Brannock. Decided on some ultimate jumpers from Leather Soul instead. Called this week and put down a deposit on a pair of 10.5D.

Was thinking about some picking up the Indys as well. Went to the local store and they didn't have my size. He wanted to fit me again before ordering.

This time he said the 10.5D was too big. He thought I should be in a 10.5C. Or less ideal, but also would work a 10D.

Now I'm lost.
11 in Nike
10 in Clarks
11 in Adidas
10 in Cole Han (these are a little snug in the toe width).

I would hate to wait months on a special order shoe and have it not work.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
What's your opinion about this flaw in my new Ravello LWB. I noticed it after taking some pictures and still haven't worn them. I have been offered a full refund, but I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. What do you think? The medallion is off center on the left shoe.

That's too bad about those ravello LWB's. I'd return them now for that flaw will always gnaw at you everytime you wear them. Just my opinion.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
That's too bad about those ravello LWB's. I'd return them now for that flaw will always gnaw at you everytime you wear them. Just my opinion.
I would just keep them. I'm not that picky when it comes to flaws. As long as it's not something blatant like mis-stitching. Truth be told, if that was my pair...there's a good chance I would have not even noticed it.
rotflmao.gif

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
FedEx just dropped off the black shells. Aldens for this week:
2n1bdhx.jpg

outstanding week. enjoy wearing and remember the break in procedure

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty much all people who visit this thread more than once a day have a sickness

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
outstanding week. enjoy wearing and remember the break in procedure
Uncle,

There's a break in procedure? I thought just wear it and once every 15-20 wears, use wax lightly?

granjamo

Reaction score
Having recently purchased the calf #905s, I noticed some cracking around the right heel the second time I wore them (see the attached pic). Is typical or something to worry about?

Thanks in advance

number9dream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by granjamo
Having recently purchased the calf #905s, I noticed some cracking around the right heel the second time I wore them (see the attached pic). Is typical or something to worry about?

Thanks in advance

That doesn't look right. There are actual tears in the leather --- no amount of polishing will make that look better, and it can only get worse (peeling, etc). I would take them back to where you bought them.

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by granjamo

Thanks in advance

i would worry! might happen over time but certainly not on the second wear

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm done buying Aldens for a while now unless I can get my hands on a pair of #4s.

Now I need to get some nice belts to coordinate with the shoes. The last time I posted about Alden belts, I got suggestions to look into BB belts as well.

If anyone has both, do they fit the same? If I buy Alden belts I would have to buy online..which means returning can be a hassle. If they fit the same as BB belts, I can at least try the BB belts in store and go from there.

Thanks in advance!

lummers13

Reaction score
Cimabue: Thanks, I'm in love!

NAMOR: Well I didn't exactly pay retail....so THIS time I told her how much. For the future, probably not
devil.gif

Originally Posted by borderline
I have been dividing the real price by half when I tell my wife about any Alden purchase...

I'll probably do the same lol

Thanks Mac, I think everyone would love a compliment coming from a man who's more than likely got the same pair lol

Pastor

Reaction score
Anybody ever notice extreme difference in Shell colors? I bought a pair of Ravello Wingtip boots at the beginning of the year. I love the color and wanted a pair of LWB in Ravello as well. I finally found a good, almost new pair in my size on the B&S. When I got them there is a pretty significant difference in the colors. The LWB have almost zero red tones. I'm not saying that I don't like the LWB. I do like them and they seem to be a unique color, they just were not what I expected. Take a look at these pcitures below.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
Anybody ever notice extreme difference in Shell colors? I bought a pair of Ravello Wingtip boots at the beginning of the year. I love the color and wanted a pair of LWB in Ravello as well. I finally found a good, almost new pair in my size on the B&S. When I got them there is a pretty significant difference in the colors. The LWB have almost zero red tones. I'm not saying that I don't like the LWB. I do like them and they seem to be a unique color, they just were not what I expected. Take a look at these pcitures below.

I could be completely wrong, but it looks like they are whiskey.

There is certainly some variance between shell colors, but if you had posted those without comment, I would have assumed that the lighter shade was indeed whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads