• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll probably just get some suede bucks to be different. I like the way they look too.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
am I the only guy here that has never once owned or tried on a pair of chucks, jack purcells, or CPs?

jp, never. chucks, play
redface.gif
. cps, 1 pair>>gone.

ive never owned apc's tho
redface.gif

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I think I'll probably just get some suede bucks to be different. I like the way they look too.

that works too but you run a much higher risk of looking dorky and affected when wearing shorts, which I think you wear but I'm not sure

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you get suede bucks just make sure they're not mega brogued it'll help you avoid looking affected.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t_s, I haven' t worn shorts yet this season and if I were I think I would be fine pairing them with sneakers and i'd have to try real hard to look dorky compared to the kids I go to school with

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ok then go wild man, they're cute little shoes and would polish off what you wear / what I imagine you would like to wear

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seriously, honestly thinking about selling all my sneakers and wearing boots of different variations.

although, probably buying a new pair of jeans would help alleviate my sneaker game. i just don't find pants+sneakers all that attractive

anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few. i kind of just want to pick up a pair of APC PS and call it a day with that, but then i would rather cash out and buy some more pants+boots/shoes
devil.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few.

[puts hand up]

i have some jeans but rarely wear them. maybe if they had a higher rise and more room in the thigh i would. so sick of slim straight. may buy some LVC or something.

i wear my pants with sneakers (CPs). boots or shoes are better, but i still chuck sneakers on occasionally.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
hence the popularity of sperrys. the cheap-and-casual-but-non-sneakers-without-being-affected is a hard niche to fill.
Pretty much.

Originally Posted by mike868y
yeah, I almost want a pair (0), but every rl wearing frat douche has a pair.

I think its a matter of location. You live in the north east right? I can see how that would be the case in new england with all the preps (the south as well), but IME its not the case elsewhere. The midwest douche wears different ****...

anyone here just own pants only and no jeans? or at least rarely or never wear there jeans anymore. i know there are a few. i kind of just want to pick up a pair of APC PS and call it a day with that, but then i would rather cash out and buy some more pants+boots/shoes
devil.gif

Mellowfellow almost never wears jeans. He occasionally post fits with white/offwhite jeans and I think has posted a grand total of 1 fit with regular indigo jeans

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
is it wrong to only like high tops and ankle or higher type boots? I just feel like pants/jeans fall/stack better.

+1. Rarely wear lows (I have one pair of GATs that sees occasional wear), and I have zero pairs of non-sneaker shoes. I prefer hi-tops or boots with fairly narrow-hemmed denim.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ To clarify, I have several pairs of boots. Just no, you know, shoes.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Pretty much.

Mellowfellow almost never wears jeans. He occasionally post fits with white/offwhite jeans and I think has posted a grand total of 1 fit with regular indigo jeans

LOL. YES!
thumbs-up.gif
My first pair of jeans was apc NS. I have a pair of new cure that I haven't worn in years. I find pants to be more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads