• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
lolz, i get it. you funny
laugh.gif

+1. Have you told the gf how much those cost you? I myself would never dare share such an intimate secret with a woman

I have been dividing the real price by half when I tell my wife about any Alden purchase...

tgtg

Reaction score
Hey all-

Been lurking a while, and the site keeps telling me to "write your first post today", so here I am finally doing what the machine tells me to (joking!).

I just came across what looks like a cool technology/site, and with all the sizing questions here thought wow, lots of people here could use something like this for Aldens and basically any shoes:

http://shoefitr.com/ (I promise I have no involvement with it! Not spamming!)

Right now it seems to only work with running shoes. It basically runs a laser scan of the insides of shoes so you can compare them with shoes you have. I hope this kind of tech becomes widespread, and people will be spared the sizing agony I've gone through with buying Aldens. (Related: going to be selling some barely-worn UI's soon...)

Oh, and wow, you guys have some pretty amazing collections.

Regards~

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrythedog
my gf just found a receipt from my #8 indy's... she looked at all my boxes, and " do you know you have spent close to 4g's on alden's"??? doesn;t know about the black pitt boots in the closet! hahahah

and the #8 shortwings on order

hahaha, i feel you. the janitor at work saw me wearing indys and asked who made them. that night he went home and looked up "Alden." a few days later he came up to me and said he nearly schaat his pants when he saw their pricetag.

and you keep receipts too? well done

borderline

Reaction score
What's your opinion about this flaw in my new Ravello LWB. I noticed it after taking some pictures and still haven't worn them. I have been offered a full refund, but I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. What do you think? The medallion is off center on the left shoe.

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
hahaha, i feel you. the janitor at work saw me wearing indys and asked who made them. that night he went home and looked up "Alden." a few days later he came up to me and said he nearly schaat his pants when he saw their pricetag. and you keep receipts too? well done
ya, sometimes it's a little awkward when people say i like your shoes what are they? i try and just say thanks and move on...usually they don't ask again. in regards to the receipt, should have destroyed the evidence! that said, she has loved all my purchases. the ones she knows about...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
What's your opinion about this flaw in my new Ravello LWB. I noticed it after taking some pictures and still haven't worn them. I have been offered a full refund, but I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. What do you think? The medallion is off center on the left shoe.
If it's the kind of thing you'll always catch out of the corner of your eye, replace it. If not, you're probably the only one who will know. If it were mine, I'd probably exchange it.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fiancÃ
00a9.png
e (she makes more $ than I do. Way more) has no problem dropping $2500 on two pair of shoes/boots. She did just that while in Barney's of Chicago a month or so ago.
I only mention this to provide perspective.
Last weekend, she was looking at the approximately dozen pair of Alden's I keep at her house and she said something to the effect of "...you have a sickness and we may need to get outside help for you"
Problem is, I have two more recent purchases being sent to her house over the next two weeks.
You know, maybe she's right
wink.gif

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
bounce2.gif
WOW what a last few days! I don't even know why I kept looking through all the pictures, heart stopping stuff. Thanks to everyone who posted their collections.

Here is the newest addition to my small humble collection...

IMG_5338.jpg

Cigar LWB. I freakin love these!

enjoy wearing!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Great shoes mac! What last are those on?

thank you
aberdeen last

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
tassels are
inlove.gif

I have ravello tassels as well. great shoes

thank you! i agree and tassels are under appreciated

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lummers13;4461068 said:
trunks: nice pickup! Cigar and ravello are the next ones on my list!

enjoy wearing!

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
I have been dividing the real price by half when I tell my wife about any Alden purchase...

sure she is doing the same with her purchases...

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
If it's the kind of thing you'll always catch out of the corner of your eye, replace it. If not, you're probably the only one who will know.

If it were mine, I'd probably exchange it.

Yeah, I would exchange immediately if there was another pair, but alas there is not. After months of waiting it is tough to give them up. I guess there will be more eventually, but they are so awesome.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrythedog
sure she is doing the same with her purchases...

the internet can come back to haunt you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ms0wm0.jpg
ravello nst argyles otc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads