• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darlton PTB

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Where could I buy these? I'm a size 13D. Already have the penny loafer and the wingtip, so wanted to complete the collection.

Thanks.

g.michael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
Where could I buy these? I'm a size 13D. Already have the penny loafer and the wingtip, so wanted to complete the collection.

Thanks.

I just got a pair during the sale via a direct call to the Mansion in NYC

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you call around to polo stores (the bigger ones like NY and Cali) and ask for the plain toe version, a lot of them seem to have it. However when you ask for the shoe, ask for the Marlow, not the Darlton. For some unknown reason, the shoe is referred to as the Marlow in stores and the Darlton online, same shoe. Off-hand I am pretty sure the San Francisco store had them in stock, not positive though. Just call around, you will find them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I would try J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, and The Gap, or possibly even try Alden directly
I cant make any sense of this. Are you offering a substitute? The Gap?

g.michael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I cant make any sense of this. Are you offering a substitute? The Gap?

There's no sense to be made with his comment. He's either high, doesn't understand what you are asking about, or is joking with you.

Crockett & Jones makes the shoe especially for Ralph Lauren.

Follow my advice or Gauss17's and you will find the shoe--'nuff said.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g.michael
There's no sense to be made with his comment. He's either high, doesn't understand what you are asking about, or is joking with you. Crockett & Jones makes the shoe especially for Ralph Lauren. Follow my advice or Gauss17's and you will find the shoe--'nuff said.
macarthur usually doesnt joke in the usual SF manner so thats i was puzzled. I already have the ptb. im just waiting for the penny, which is in route, to complete the trifecta: wingtip+ptb+penny=
bounce2.gif
note: not a fan of the tassel

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL definitely still has them in the system. Hell, I've even seen them on Rugby window displays

g.michael

Reaction score
macarthur usually doesnt joke in the usual SF manner so thats i was puzzled. I already have the ptb. im just waiting for the penny, which is in route, to complete the trifecta:

wingtip+ptb+penny=
bounce2.gif

Sorry--I read too quickly and mistook you for the OP

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
macarthur usually doesnt joke in the usual SF manner so thats i was puzzled. I already have the ptb. im just waiting for the penny, which is in route, to complete the trifecta: wingtip+ptb+penny=
bounce2.gif

I'm gonna have to become a tassel evangelist... I had a biz trip recently, wore my tassels to the airport with raw denim, shirt and blazer, wore them to meetings two days later with a suit and then to the airport (Darlton wingtips were the other shoe I used). I find them very versatile Also, that was makewayhomer, not mac

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for these also. Do most RL's carry the PTB's?

Interestingly, they pulled the Wingtips off the website today too...

g.michael

Reaction score
That's weird--the pennies and tassels are still there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads