• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
It's a spongey/gauzy, medium-weight cotton for spring/summer. Collar is unlined.

So where can i get it?or is it bespoke?
Anyway
thumbs-up.gif

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I don't like how the blade flops out and makes it look like you're wearing a gigantic 5" tie.
I know most people here don't like using the keeper, but this is why I do.

Paul Stuart sportcoat
Kent Wang blue gingham shirt
Kent Wang navy pindot tie
Kent Wang white cotton pocket square
Thick as Thieves trousers
Martegani double monks

I think one of the fallacies of looking at fit pics is we critique things that would look wholly different in motion and live. Adjusting details for static pictures may lead to poor results in person. Thus the loose tie blade is not always going to look like a splayed out 5'' tie, etc.

Nice fit for you, Kent. You are getting creative lately while still working within a style that is eminently "you."

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
1-1-2-2.jpg
2-2-1.jpg
Very nice. You're sort of like the Russian version of Spoo. Wish we were still in the cold war era so we could see an IST66 Vs. SpooPoker showdown. Now that I think of it, we never see IST66 and Spoopoker in the same photo together. How do we know they are not one and the same. Like a double agent?

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
[
5709421147_68aa44bc7f_z.jpg

Try a blue bandana for a pocket square next time. Great pants!

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Very nice.
You're sort of like the Russian version of Spoo. Wish we were still in the cold war era so we could see an IST66 Vs. SpooPoker showdown. Now that I think of it, we never see IST66 and Spoopoker in the same photo together. How do we know they are not one and the same. Like a double agent?

Ha-ha-ha!
smile.gif

I well remember that war which you name "cold". I was born in 1966 and I long lived in the country which was called as the USSR. But those years "cold war" was conducted by politicians
boxing[1].gif
. This war wasn't necessary to me. And I am assured, this war wasn't necessary Spoo. Probably in it the reason of our similarity?
eh.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Brilliant! Your sartorial journey has truly been an exceptional evolution of refinement.

The strangest things happen when one listens to the advice of others - even more so when their meaning is comprehended. Thanks, Tibor.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
In addition to not knowing how to tie a knot, let alone dress, I have questionable photo snapping skills.

Well done, nice colors on you.

Acerbic Ovine, your modesty is very becoming - and thanks for the comment.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
acridsheep -Feeling downright dowdy after yesterday's fit...

After yesterday, a bit of dowdiness might be called for, Dr. Freud - you're back to Holdfast standards.

Spoozy, God knows you march to your own drummer (sometimes, an entire drum corps), but you make it work for you. Keep it up - the natives here need your variations on a theme - keeps them awake.

Dewi

Reaction score
IMAG0069.jpg

I'm a day late on this, but I quite like the SC and shirt here. Details, sir sheepy?

Navi

Reaction score
1305150076-picsay-1.jpg

1305157802-picsay.jpg

Wish I couldve worn this tie with a different suit, but this is my only non-terrible option right now.... Panta ftw! Best tie I own!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

Liking this tie quite a bit; one from your new source or an older one?

Thanks - Nope, this is RTW - Corneliani. I just discovered their ties and the quality is fantastic. If you have not tried any, you should. Very, very well made. This is a slubby silk, not quite shantung, not a tussah. It almost feels like chenille, which is kind of awesome. Always feels "wet" if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Chico2007
Very nice.
You're sort of like the Russian version of Spoo. Wish we were still in the cold war era so we could see an IST66 Vs. SpooPoker showdown.

Я никогда не мог его бой - Я слишком уважаю.

Originally Posted by IST66
Ha-ha-ha!
smile.gif

I well remember that war which you name "cold". I was born in 1966 and I long lived in the country which was called as the USSR. But those years "cold war" was conducted by politicians
boxing[1].gif
. This war wasn't necessary to me. And I am assured, this war wasn't necessary Spoo. Probably in it the reason of our similarity?
eh.gif

Если вы думаете, мы одеваемся аналогично, то
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Who makes your shoes?

Crockett & Jones Worcester in chocolate suede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads