• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SW&D Crockett and Jones Thread

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to kop two pairs of the black waxed calf tetbury chukka soon. Danite sole and the sleek last make this the perfect all weather shoe for me. My MC shoe 'drobe wont be big, these, some five eyelet derbies, a pair of black suede / black calf balmorals and C+J single / double monks in black calf will do me.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crockett and Jones X Ralph Lauren cordovan wingtips and loafers are on sale right now in the "Pre-Sale" and will be in the public "Private Sale" starting Wednesday.

After discounts and before sale tax, $473 for some of the best regularly available cordovan shoes on the market

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
banananananana, I love the Lowndes and I love your avatar.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
5710850612_f3f5cc0617.jpg

Ubiquitous RL Darlton wingtips by C&J

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Wearing my Crockett and Jones x Ralph Lauren Darlton cordovan tassels with no socks under RRL low straight raw denim and a pink J Crew shirt... This outfit will get lots of wear in the coming months
pics! I just purchased the penny loafer. I also plan to rock the penny with my RRLs. How is the no sock thing working out for you? Stinky, sticky? Did you decide to get the tassel over the penny?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
Well think about it like this, if you have an Alden question, you'd put into the Alden thread, same with C&J, if i had a question even if it were sw&d on c&J i'd go straight to the c&j thread, just makes sense to me, if you really want to be niche and have an extra thread go for it, i just wanted to let everyone know there is a c&j thread...
teacha.gif

there a butt-load of C&J threads. Its redicoulous. And they get lost easily which perpetuates the constant inlfuz of new C&J threads. Just in the last few days I have noticed these threads: RL Darlton RL PTB C&J Cordovan then you have the countless psa for the RL Darlton
Originally Posted by bananananana
Pics of C&J Lowndes today
5592637254_2ff93145a8.jpg

5592639952_af4704b7dc.jpg

the shoes look wrinkled. Are you shoe-treeing? Or is this just from a long day at work?

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR

the shoes look wrinkled. Are you shoe-treeing? Or is this just from a long day at work?

Yes, of course I use trees. Not sure when I took that pic though.

But yeah the Lowndes have more wrinkling/creasing than most of my other shoes. Partly b/c of the long, elongated last and also, its their brown cavalry calf, which I would say is pretty subpar in quality.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
pics! I just purchased the penny loafer. I also plan to rock the penny with my RRLs. How is the no sock thing working out for you? Stinky, sticky? Did you decide to get the tassel over the penny?

I got the tassel a while ago because for some reason I like darker penny loafers (cordo or black) and I didn't own a pair of tassels. I now have two tassles, and I like them because they fit me slightly different (the darlton is a bit longer and looser and my ravellos are a bit tighter because I sized down and got an e width)

I'm not sure I would recommend wearing shell sockless in hot weather, especially with these thick soles. I could see an unlined shell loafer on a single oiled sole being an OK sockless shoe.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Who says C & J can't do streetwear. These are my new Skye boots in natural tan. The color looks great with a pair of jeans. They should age beautifully.
GarageSale_82853_1297092430.jpg
GarageSale_82859_1297092434.jpg
GarageSale_82854_1297092431.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My c&j for bb shell boots are posted in another thread, they are indeed extra awesome. Nicer than any Alden boots I think, save for ravello wingtip boots
inlove.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
My c&j for bb shell boots are posted in another thread, they are indeed extra awesome. Nicer than any Alden boots I think, save for ravello wingtip boots
inlove.gif

and here they are when they were new

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and now about 4 months later, color has already changed into something a bit browner. I have conditioned but never polished.

IMG_20110513_095117.jpg

IMG_20110513_095057.jpg

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SLAB
where can i buy those Skye boots?
They are kind of hard to find. Not sure if they are a discontinued model or special order, I think C & J may still sell them. I got mine from a place called A Fine Pair of Shoes. They were also selling them on Ebay. Best bet is Google searches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads