• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ******* hate wearing sneakers every day. My first purchase before I come back to school in the fall is going to be some s/s/f shoes that are not sneakers.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sold my White Mountaineering Vans and I feel so sad I just have too many sneakers now and never get to wear any of them
frown.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I ******* hate wearing sneakers every day. My first purchase before I come back to school in the fall is going to be some s/s/f shoes that are not sneakers.
I have the opposite feeling. I was traveling all weekend so i just wore my converse 'cause they're my lifting shoes and I wanted to save space and i was like "damn these are a nice change." Something about the silhouette with smaller hemmed jeans looks right. Now i'm beasting on CP captoes in black. Hard to find my size though
frown.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is it wrong to only like high tops and ankle or higher type boots? I just feel like pants/jeans fall/stack better.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This page sucks.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I have the opposite feeling. I was traveling all weekend so i just wore my converse 'cause they're my lifting shoes and I wanted to save space and i was like "damn these are a nice change." Something about the silhouette with smaller hemmed jeans looks right. Now i'm beasting on CP captoes in black. Hard to find my size though
frown.gif

maybe I'm just not that happy with my sneakers. i just feel like they cheapen a lot of my looks as opposed to heighten them. example: the other day my buddy and I roll out of the dorm to class. i was wearing one of my button downs, my jeans rolled up (**** the haters), and my vans. he was wearing chambray shorts, a blank t-shirt, and sperrys and something about wearing something other than sneakers made his look seem better to me, idk.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
am I the only guy here that has never once owned or tried on a pair of chucks, jack purcells, or CPs?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
maybe I'm just not that happy with my sneakers. i just feel like they cheapen a lot of my looks as opposed to heighten them. example: the other day my buddy and I roll out of the dorm to class. i was wearing one of my button downs, my jeans rolled up (**** the haters), and my vans. he was wearing chambray shorts, a blank t-shirt, and sperrys and something about wearing something other than sneakers made his look seem better to me, idk.
hence the popularity of sperrys. the cheap-and-casual-but-non-sneakers-without-being-affected is a hard niche to fill.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GN, you wear shoes to work at that job of yours in the fancy building
smile.gif
Mikey wears sneaks in his 8:30 lecture classes. Everyone wants to switch it up.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
am I the only guy here that has never once owned or tried on a pair of chucks, jack purcells, or CPs?

Maybe. My JP's are my lifting shoes, so I end up wearing those more than anything else I ever use to cover my feet. I don't like how they look with most pants, though.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
hence the popularity of sperrys. the cheap-and-casual-but-non-sneakers-without-being-affected is a hard niche to fill.

yeah, I almost want a pair (0), but every rl wearing frat douche has a pair.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit

Same. I own one pair of sneakers, and I hardly ever wear them.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
GN, you wear shoes to work at that job of yours in the fancy building
smile.gif
Mikey wears sneaks in his 8:30 lecture classes. Everyone wants to switch it up.

hahaha word. AE's all day erry day.

I love the cardi btw.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mikey just get a pair. I realize they're super common among, well, everybody right now but GN has it right.

I mean they're comfy enough for doing anything you could ever want without being sneakers, and they can be had for super cheap.

I used to skate in them for a few years in high school and the beginning of college - same with clarks DB lol - and they hold up alright. they can just get really smelly but that's all part of the fun I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics