• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Does everything fit perfectly? No. Do I care? No. These are functional pieces of my life. I wear these clothes day in an day out. Sometimes, you have to compromise.

Obviously, the most important thing is your happiness with your pieces. I can appreciate that, and, in many ways, your attitude is preferable to people who freak about the fit not being 100% perfect. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Obviously, the most important thing is your happiness with your pieces. I can appreciate that, and, in many ways, your attitude is preferable to people who freak about the fit not being 100% perfect. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Also, keep in mind that for some fits it may be the first time I posted a good pic. So, I am looking at feedback. Personally, while I feel this is long, I don't think it is as bad as I thought it would look. When I saw the pictures, I decided that I can live with it.

Mike

CaymanS

Reaction score
Also, I think I prefer the old Trini, to be honest. I enjoyed his eclectic collection of SCs and his individuality.

+1. Some of the stuff he's hawked on B/S is criminal. It looked fantastic on him. By the same token, I have seen bespoke pieces (or perhaps it's only the one coat with the low button stance and baggy sleeves) that fit worse than some of his OTR! Bespoke is a process, though, and, at the end of the day, he'll probably be best-served by a bespoke tailor in the long run, especially given his height.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that for some fits it may be the first time I posted a good pic. So, I am looking at feedback. Personally, while I feel this is long, I don't think it is as bad as I thought it would look. When I saw the pictures, I decided that I can live with it.

Mike

It is too long. You need to send it to me. I will even pay for shipping.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix

If it's a 42R and the trousers are 31ish I'll pay international shipping
wink.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix

LOL.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
If it's a 42R and the trousers are 31ish I'll pay international shipping
wink.gif

You might be able to get that out of the pants if you lost the cuffs.
smile.gif

You guys don't want this. Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter. There is still a faint stain on the top of the right lapel.

Mike

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

You might be able to get that out of the pants if you lost the cuffs.
smile.gif

You guys don't want this. Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter. There is still a faint stain on the top of the right lapel.

Mike

laugh.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I wore it, I got tanked on 10 cent Martinis and bounced off of something greasy in the Men's room before wandering onto Chartres Street in the Quarter.
10 cent Martinis and Chartres. Must have been Bacco.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a trap that many on this forum, including myself, have fallen into. I think someone like Trini is a great example of how to get out of that trap. He had a bunch of decent outfits, but they often had some noticeable flaw. He pared down and started focusing more on getting things that fit, and the results show. Yes, he has less to choose from now, but they just look better. (I'm not talking about his diavolo-esque shift to very basic colors and patterns. I mean the actual fit of his clothes.)

blush.gif

Also, I think I prefer the old Trini, to be honest. I enjoyed his eclectic collection of SCs and his individuality.

Aww shucks. Fear not, I still plan on owning some quality FU sportcoats. I'm just trying to get the bases covered now.

Originally Posted by CaymanS
+1. Some of the stuff he's hawked on B/S is criminal. It looked fantastic on him. By the same token, I have seen bespoke pieces (or perhaps it's only the one coat with the low button stance and baggy sleeves) that fit worse than some of his OTR! Bespoke is a process, though, and, at the end of the day, he'll probably be best-served by a bespoke tailor in the long run, especially given his height.

Cheers. That sport coat's been since fixed btw.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 cent Martinis and Chartres. Must have been Bacco.

You are correct, Sir. Bacco...R.I.P, you were great while you lasted.
frown.gif

Mike

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except we come here for the very purpose of discussing the minutiae of clothing

Speak for yourself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads