• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
This requires further explanation

some details are a bit vague, but imagine a group of men ranging in age between 18 till 30 with a large drinking budget on a driving range.

it started out quite sedate with us hitting balls, and the only strange thing was us ordering in beers by phone so that they could be brought to the range. one club was broken because one of the guys who plays baseball thought he could better hit the ball mid air, he did but on the shaft which snapped in two. The other shaft was broken because someone found a basketball and wanted to try how far he could hit it, which was about two meters.

the venue continued further in the clubhouse, again lubricated well with beer. A friend suggested to me that if I were a professional(which i still am) I could hit a golfbal from in front of the bar, through the door and onto the putting green. I said I could, and after consulting with the staff (and clearly stating that any damage would be paid immediately) they allowed me to hit the shot, which turned out great by a hair(missed the doorpost by 2 cm.
That should have been the end of it, and it was for me. But some numbnuts who had too much to drink thought he could do it as well, and without warning grabbed a club dropped a ball and hit it. He hit the brick wall beside the door, the ball ricoched against the bar, and hit some glasses. After we had come back from the shock it was made clear to us that we had to kick our friend out, or we ourselves would not be welcome for a long time, so we showed him the door and stayed for another hour.

This same idiot later tried to hitchhike in the middle of one of the busiest crosssections in town, because his taxi didnt show up fast enough. For a visual, try seeing a late twenties drunk on a crossection stopping cars because he wants a ride to the city centre
smile.gif

Just got a text btw in which he apologizes for his behavior.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, since when have there been fraternities in Europe? Anyway, sounds like a good time.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
well that was like the old days....time to pass out. Gotta pick spb up at the airport in like four hours. Hope the blow has worn off....

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started the night off drinking a pint of vodka waiting for my friends. Went to a crap gaijin pub waiting for others to show up then went to some guy's house to drink whisky and wait for one more friend. Hit Club Feria (its in Roppongi, my least favorite district), it was girl's drink free night, so I had some lady friends pick up my drinks the whole time. Had some chick start dancing on me then pull me to the side and start making out/biting me. Found out she was Chinese, not super cute (say a 6 or 7), and here on daddy's money. After dancing more, she told me she wanted to **** me.

Flash forward to first train of the day and we are headed to Dogenzaka to find a love hotel for a few hours. Pulled her in to one, came out 6 hours later (about noon) having only gotten 2 hours sleep and making it hard for her to walk. Best part of all? I didnt pay for a damn thing the whole night.

I think this might be the peak of what has been a near week long binge, since one of my old college friends is in town and its Golden Week, so no work.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Went to a record store after work to pick up an LP. Met a friend for dinner and beers. Went home and continued BSG binging.

Was awakened at 3:15AM by a knock at the door and subsequent dog barking. Opened the door to a young woman with her shirt torn open and blood all over her face. Brought her inside and called the cops while GF helped her clean up and gave her water and a pin for her shirt. She stunk of alcohol and had apparently been beaten up by her visiting female cousin a few doors over. Cops came, were completely rude and abrupt, shined an intense flashlight in her eyes, etc... They took her away and I went back to bed. Am now ******* exhausted. I hope she is okay, and that she found her dog who apparently got out during the fight.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ate some pizza, pre treated and laundered 7 white dress shirts, polished 5 pairs of shoes, hung up shirts to dry, loaded about 20 white undershirts, showered, put undershirts in drier, called my mother, called my girlfriend's mother, called my girlfriend, updated software on iphone while looking at the new James Sherwood book given to me Monday on my birthday, took shirts out of dryer, watered plants, fell asleep. BLAH!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Went to a record store after work to pick up an LP. Met a friend for dinner and beers. Went home and continued BSG binging.

Was awakened at 3:15AM by a knock at the door and subsequent dog barking. Opened the door to a young woman with her shirt torn open and blood all over her face. Brought her inside and called the cops while GF helped her clean up and gave her water and a pin for her shirt. She stunk of alcohol and had apparently been beaten up by her visiting female cousin a few doors over. Cops came, were completely rude and abrupt, shined an intense flashlight in her eyes, etc... They took her away and I went back to bed. Am now ******* exhausted. I hope she is okay, and that she found her dog who apparently got out during the fight.

I think you need to relocate to a new building.

Bradden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai

So... just another night in LA ??

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think you need to relocate to a new building.

Originally Posted by Bradden
So... just another night in LA ??

This particular house has something (my girlfriend thinks black mold) that makes literally everyone living there go batshit crazy. We have had 3 consecutive nutjobs there. The street is otherwise secluded, charming, and bucolic.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I ate some pizza, pre treated and laundered 7 white dress shirts, polished 5 pairs of shoes, hung up shirts to dry, loaded about 20 white undershirts, showered, put undershirts in drier, called my mother, called my girlfriend's mother, called my girlfriend, updated software on iphone while looking at the new James Sherwood book given to me Monday on my birthday, took shirts out of dryer, watered plants, fell asleep. BLAH!
worship.gif
This is more than I can get through on a weekend.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
In Thailand for a bachelor party. That's all you are allowed to know.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Got a call from my good buddy at late yesterday afternoon asking I wanted to join him and his wife for dinner at the bristol. Now thats one place I can't say no to.

They had some menu shakeups and some great beers. I had the monkey bread, duck fat fries, goat tartar, hand cut noodles with escargot, and the chorizo verde. Drinks were Professor Fritz Briem 1809, Goose Island Madam Rose and Flossmoor station Saison & Garfunkel.

All 3 of the owners came out and spent quite a bit of time talking with us (my buddy is opening a new restaurant next month). Food Network was there filming for some show and just with the layout of the place, I am the backdrop for all the shots (glad I was wearing a SF approved outfit for casual friday).

Finished the night up at the maproom around the corner. My memory is a bit hazy on the drink list but: Vuuve, founders all day IPA, and Petrus Aged Ale (wow!!!)

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
In Thailand for a bachelor party. That's all you are allowed to know.

not fair!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thursday - Took the rare opportunity to hang out in Bethesda (wealthy DC suburbs town located in Maryland) for day one of Annual "front row" fashion event. Day one was essentialy a screening of "Bill Cunningham New York" (think classier and original version of The Sartorialist). Went with sq4you, arrive at the theatre and we were among the 5-6 guys in a theatre of about 200 women. Enjoy the film and head to the afterparty at Mon Ami Gabi. Run into a guy I knew in college and highschool working the bar and he spots me drinks (thankfully since I purposefully left my cards at home). Leave, and head to Blackfinn (meatmarket bar) down the street to meet up with Sq4you's girl. Turns out they're having a launch party for a website she's associated with so I get more free drinks. Hang out til 12ish and then drive back to the city.

Friday - Day twp for "Front Row" event in Bethesda. I came with a co-worker and her friend, Sq4you came with his girlfriend. I run into another college friend there and her sister working the event. Kop free sangria at the afterparty and meet college friend's cute Russian friend. Give her my number. 18inches away I meet a hot married chick and her not so hot friend. Give her my number as she's interested in going to a "rapture" party on U st with us. Get to the party with my group, massive line that none of us want to deal with. So head to Gibson. It's a mad house, but luckily I know someone that works there and she gets us inside and upstairs while we wait for a table. Mean while, married chick texts me about meeting for drinks sometime this week since she can't make it to DC. I agree since she claims her husband won't mind at all (I hope this won't be an innocent rendevous unless she has other friends that are actually attractive). After a while, friends split up and I meet another to bar hop a bit: Policy (pointless place), St. Ex (dig it but stuffed with people - stay for a beer), Bar Pilar (not so crowded so stay for another round). Home by 3.

Saturday - Quiet night. Highly tempted to stay in but Magician is visiting town with his girlfriend and wants to hang out. Meanwhile, college friend and cute Russian friends are at a big birthday dinner and are bugging me about making plans for later. Around 11 or 12, decide to meet with Magician first. Girls wind up at a nightclub that was/is normally a cigar bar (Ozio). Home by 2, girls stay out til 3/4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads