• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review: Custom leather briefcase from Narragansett Leathers in Maine, US.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
If I'm reading the website right, the standard brief is around $300, I would have to guess this customized version is $400, or perhaps around $500 at the most. Sounds like a good deal. I would much rather have this than a Mulholland, Filson, or more expensive leather case.

+1

Great bag, Moo!

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought one of these for my wife when she graduated from law school, and it's really wonderful.

It isn't fine - it's tough. But absolutely beautiful, and at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo of their medium brown case -- pics are from AAAC
Originally Posted by hookem12387
Pretty sure one of these would make an excellent present for my dad this year, and for me following graduation next year. I tried to get Drake over at Give Me Indiana to register over here if for no other reason than to post his, but no luck. I think he uses it daily, though. Here's a cool picture:
JF1aNl.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
It's about time I need a new bag. The bag looks stunning. Any comment on its weight, Moo?
cheers.gif
about 5 pounds.
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
If I'm reading the website right, the standard brief is around $300, I would have to guess this customized version is $400, or perhaps around $500 at the most. Sounds like a good deal. I would much rather have this than a Mulholland, Filson, or more expensive leather case.
Originally Posted by imatlas
+1 Great bag, Moo!
I think the price:value ratio is rather good for this one.
smile.gif
I am not 100% sure I understand what something like SAB or even Papworth would offer for 3-4x the price that would have 3-4x the benefit.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Moo, is your bag more red or brown? it looks reddish (which I would prefer) but i wasn't sure if that was just the photography.
More red/orange than brown. Very close to London tan from SAB.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo, Great review and thanks for sharing. I especially liked seeing the pictures that show the briefcase being made. Looks like a very nice bag at a very reasonable price. Hope you post pics of it in the future so we can see how it holds up over time. Enjoy the briefcase. -LR

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
moo - nice bag! i debated trying narragansett. bags look very nice, priced very attractively, but wasn't completley sold on the default design. your custom design looks good
fing02[1].gif
i
inlove.gif
their maine locale. how long did yours take?
confused.gif
i ended up going to your neck of the woods - after a bit of a wait and some ups sanfus my glaser is scheduled to be delivered today!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Moo,
Great review and thanks for sharing. I especially liked seeing the pictures that show the briefcase being made. Looks like a very nice bag at a very reasonable price. Hope you post pics of it in the future so we can see how it holds up over time. Enjoy the briefcase.

-LR

Thank you. Future photos will be posted.

Originally Posted by romafan
moo - nice bag! i debated trying narragansett. bags look very nice, priced very attractively, but wasn't completley sold on the default design. your custom design looks good
fing02[1].gif
i
inlove.gif
their maine locale. how long did yours take?
confused.gif
i ended up going to your neck of the woods - after a bit of a wait and some ups sanfus my glaser is scheduled to be delivered today!

Thanks. It took a month from order to delivery.

Glaser makes great bags from what I hear so I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Which did you order?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if he will do larger bags. His prices are really good.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
I bought one of these for my wife when she graduated from law school, and it's really wonderful.
. But absolutely beautiful, and at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

"It isn't fine - it's tough"

It's a beautiful bag, but it doesn't look fine. For a bag that is
fine and tough, I will suggest Ottino in Florence. Mine is over 25 years old. The lock
still works. I bought mine with a zipper portfolio which goes inside. In the picture,
my bag is more or less the same color as Moo's and identical to the black briefcase
standing on its' end ( picture #7 top )

http://www.ottino.com/galleria.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics