• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
5173df36.jpg
7680b04e.jpg
0a2a29fc.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

Phillip II or 2010 St Crepin
1105100961-1.jpg

2nd last day of Shanghai
110510096.jpg

Last day in Shanghai
1105100981.jpg

G-Spot
1105100971.jpg

Security what?
1105100961.jpg

Landing very soon - back to crispy Sydney
110510099.jpg

FML

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Being unable to marshall either the hotties of Cravate Noire, or the security forces of Phat Guido (I think that he threatened them with a severe critique of their fits in order to get them into formation), I am stuck presenting only myself this morning.

Suit is BB MTM
Shirt is Thomas Pink
Tie is BB
Cufflinks are Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
PS is Ashear - bought much earlier in the last millenium
Shoes are To Boot Adam Derrick

IMGP0550487x1280.jpg

IMGP05471042x1280.jpg

IMGP0548851x1280.jpg

Well done, nice colors on you.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
5173df36.jpg

7680b04e.jpg

0a2a29fc.jpg

This is a very, very good look.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Like a number of your shirts, this would be much improved if the collar was slightly more spread and had a little tie space.

While I agree with this particular shirt, I have replaced literally every single one of my shirts with the exception of this one to a spread. The only reason I have not replaced this is I can't find a comparable fabric to replace it with. Thanks though.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somethingclever
Spoo, are you serious with that dark corduroy blazer? Don't you live in NYC? I hope your office is air conditioned.

I'm serious. It's a very light corduroy, it's 57 degrees right now, and my office is freezing.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm serious. It's a very light corduroy, it's 57 degrees right now, and my office is freezing.

Yeah my office is like an ice box right now. My building is either 90 degrees or 50 degrees.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
acridsheep - Your licence to approve fits?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by barims
And now for something a little different. I spent my late afternoon today with illustrator and fellow blog-columnist Danielle Meder

Simply splendid.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
051011m.jpg

Clothes are all spot-on for your tastes; not much to critique except I'm a little surprised you like the wide spacing of the dots on the tie. Hair and glasses are both way too 70s for me, but hey, they're certainly distinctive so if you like them, great.

Originally Posted by Navi
Pretty nice shape to that jacket, sort of like yfyf's Liverano but with straighter lines instead of curves.

Thanks, but the shape/fit is pretty much distorted by the pose, so I'm suprised you can tell all that much about it from that wacky angle! It doesn't fit nearly as well as yfyf's stuff and certainly lacked a lot of the smooth contouring through chest/torso that bespoke items have; it's only mid-market & lightly altered RTW.

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Paul Stuart sportcoat
Kent Wang blue gingham shirt
Kent Wang navy pindot tie
Kent Wang white cotton pocket square
Thick as Thieves trousers
Martegani double monks

This is a very good concept for a look that would be improved by a less blocky-appearing jacket.

5173df36.jpg

Liking this tie quite a bit; one from your new source or an older one?

Feeling downright dowdy after yesterday's fit...

pMvL5.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
In addition to not knowing how to tie a knot, let alone dress, I have questionable photo snapping skills.

IMAG0097.jpg

Naw...the non-symmetrical tie knot works with a more casual outfit. Sorry, but I refuse to rebuke your fashion today, no matter how much you tempt and bait me. I just like the fit...deal with it.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This suit is a pale blue Oxford cloth, not white. I have always thought this one was too long as well, but there is nothing I can do because of the patch pockets. Looking at the pics, I can live with the length.

Have a good one,

Mike

OxfordPolo1.JPG

OxfordPolo2.JPG

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OxfordPolo1.JPG
matlock-white-suit.jpg

Are the stereotypes about Southern lawyers true!?!?!?

Boy MB...with the flooding in your neck of the woods, I am guessing you will be spending a lot of time in a suit during this hot summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics