• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch/coin Pockets on jeans

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are all familiar with standard 'five pocket' jeans with the watch pocket on the right.

Does anyone know of any makes which either have one on BOTH sides or the left only for left handed folk?

alexanduh

Reaction score
maybe you could get your jeans custom made with it on the left.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
maybe you could get your jeans custom made with it on the left.

Savile Row jeans? Style or extravagance?

*#..

Reaction score
Never thought of that before, but I figure it must be one of those things lefties get used to, like using a mouse.

alexanduh

Reaction score
uh not really. check out artist denim. that guy can probably work something out for you.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Never thought of that before, but I figure it must be one of those things lefties get used to, like using a mouse.

Yeah it's something you get used to. I mean you grow up with only pockets on the right. I can do almost everything righty since you have to adapt. About 2/3 of scissors are the specially designed ones for rightys so you can't even use it if you are left handed.

vespajg

Reaction score
Funny question...I rarely if ever even think about that pocket, much less use it.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
You could just take a flap of scrap denim and tack it onto your left pocket. Ta-da.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
We are all familiar with standard 'five pocket' jeans with the watch pocket on the right.

Does anyone know of any makes which either have one on BOTH sides or the left only for left handed folk?

I know that at least one of Studio D'Artisan's past special edition jeans (the SP-05, there may be others) have had watch pockets on both the right and left side of the jean.

I believe there is one other brand that I've seen with watch pockets on both sides, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Crockostyle

Reaction score
Certain of Gap's offerings in the past have had hidden coin pockets on the left side (or both). By hidden, I mean that they are not traditional squarish shape that is distinctly centered within the main pocket, but rather run the length of the top seam of the main pockets. The Gough jean from a few years ago had this style coin pocket on both left and right sides (see here; you can make out the stitching if you look closely). The Authentic Bucklebacks from FW 2009 had this type of pocket on the left and a traditionally-shaped coin pocket on the right.

I don't know that the Gap is offering anything of this nature at the moment, but it might be worth exploring.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
If you wanted to drop a little coin, I am sure Double Volante , that shop Weft, or some of the other MTO denim companies could do this for you.

OR

you could probably have a tailor (or your grandma) sew on a watch/zippo pocket on the left side.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
If you wanted to drop a little coin, I am sure Double Volante , that shop Weft, or some of the other MTO denim companies could do this for you.

OR

you could probably have a tailor (or your grandma) sew on a watch/zippo pocket on the left side.

worship.gif

Might have to buy a pair of Double Volantes one day.

I use my coin pocket all the time (fortunately, I'm right-handed) for subway tokens and the like, and I really don't care for the type of coin pocket on Wranglers (I think they have the same kind on Paper Denim & Cloth jeans
peepwall[1].gif
) where the pocket opening is level with the waistline. It makes it really hard to fish out coins.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie

OR

Didn't Weft close down operations for good? Or did they reopen recently?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads