• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

nohio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eudaimonia
Is it appropriate to wear AE shoes in their Walnut color with navy blue pants?

I think they look great with darker pants, but some people will say that your shoes should be darker than your pants--that it draws to much attention to your shoes. Matter of taste, but probably better done in a more casual setting than conservative business dress.

divitius

Reaction score
Any general opinions on the quality of Corbin brand trousers? Thanx.

somethingclever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcmeyer
General thoughts/feelings on this jacket? Might need to size up in terms of the pulling (although the single vent is still shut so that accounts for part of it) but the style itself? It's this jacket: http://www.allsaints.com/men/jackets...ink/mjk537-360

Deciding whether to buy... thanks! And apologies for the non-HD pic
smile.gif

Lapels are too small. Patch breast pocket is weird on a DB, although it is a causal coat. However, I would not recommend purchasing this coat. You can do better.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chris121
How can I loose weight? I need your help...

i don't know how you can "loose" weight...

but if you want to LOSE weight
there is basically only one way to do it
make sure you are using more calories than you take in
period.

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
go to marshalls, filenes basement, tj maxx or whatever. they have 3 pairs of cole haan dress socks for about 10 bucks.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YahtzeeFish
comfy, reasonable priced dress socks?

Target actually has some generally SF approved socks.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for a tailor to take in the neck of a dress shirt? If so, is this a difficult alteration? Thanks.

poissa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
Is it possible for a tailor to take in the neck of a dress shirt? If so, is this a difficult alteration? Thanks.

probably easier to take a tailor to make a new collar.

Flash77

Reaction score
Hello All,

About to buy a pair of Piloti shoes. Normally wear size 10D. Heard that sizes are different with the Piloti's.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Mark

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
I like these Hampton Spectators by C&J, sold 'exclusively' by Ben Silver. But I don't like Ben Silver taking on $200 to the usual price, as they clock in at $730.
9792_R.jpg
Any alternatives that look like this?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
Where can I get wooden heels? Bnelson refuses to sell their stock and I refuse to mail shoes from DC to NYC for their heels.
Shoe heels aren't made from wood, they're made of a stack of pieces of leather that are trimmed and given a finish that sort of looks like wood. I'd be shocked if there weren't several dozen places in DC that can replace your heels. You may only need the toplift replaced, anyway, unless you've worn the heel down well beyond the layer of rubber.
Originally Posted by Flame
Safe to handwash with woolite pants that are listed "dry clean only"??? I often wear summer weight wool for the office in Singapore, but it is so humid that I have to clean them often else I feel unclean. However, it would be time-consuming & inconvenient to take them to the cleaners every week, not to mention expensive!
Originally Posted by onix
I would advise against. The main reason that they're listed as "dry clean only" is because wool can have undesirable effect when exposed with large amount of water, hot or cold. Of course, not all wool is affected adversely.
This is a strange response. People wash woolen garments in water all the time, with no adverse effects (when they know what they are doing, of course). I'd be concerned about ever getting the trousers to a crisp crease, however.
Originally Posted by chris121
How can I loose weight? I need your help...
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
i don't know how you can "loose" weight... but if you want to LOSE weight there is basically only one way to do it make sure you are using more calories than you take in period.
+1 Surefire recipe for losing weight: lower your caloric intake, and increase the exercise you get.
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
I like these Hampton Spectators by C&J, sold 'exclusively' by Ben Silver. But I don't like Ben Silver taking on $200 to the usual price, as they clock in at $730.
9792_R.jpg
Any alternatives that look like this?

The Allen Edmonds Olympic edition, which still come up on EBay for $200 - $300 once in a while.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm in love with Zegna shirts, but the sleeves always run long. I can push them up, the fabric swells around my arms, looking way too blousy. Could a tailor correct this problem by slimming the sleeves (similar to how slim jeans can be worn long, with minimal/controlled stacking)? Or would I have to get them shortened? (If there is such a thing).

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads