• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fit suits?

j.adamczyk22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section but I couldn't find a more suitable location for this type of post :p Let me begin with the fact that I live in canada so I need canadian stores if you are to suggest one, thanks. I need to buy a suit for prom, and I've tried different menswear stores, but alot of the suits seemed to boxy and old-fashioned. I found this one at Stockhomme but I'm not too sure of the quality, could anyone comment on it? Also how does the fit look?
10glpv9.jpgg
Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear any suggestions you might have.

Taylorstav

Reaction score
It really depends on your budget. I'm in Canada too. Try Zara, not too expensive and they are very slim.

j.adamczyk22

Reaction score
Well i'm looking to spend up to 300 with shirt and tie and I want something of half-decent quality that won't look that cheap, which the stockhomme one sort of does in person.

ShoesYouCanUse

Reaction score
The jacket is perfect but the pants appear to be too long.

Best regards,

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket is a nice fit; you'll probably want the pants and sleeves shortened, but Stockhomme is pretty ****** quality.

H&M is still polyester, but fits real nice but doesn't look as cheap as Stockhomme.

Also try Le Chateau, Zara, and Club Monaco.

j.adamczyk22

Reaction score
Hmm thanks for the advice there, but what about moores? Do they have any slim fit stuff?

Decaffeinated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j.adamczyk22
Well i'm looking to spend up to 300 with shirt and tie and I want something of half-decent quality that won't look that cheap, which the stockhomme one sort of does in person.

Honestly, if this is just for prom, I wouldn't break the bank on a suit -- you won't get that much utility out of a slim-fit black suit to begin with once you reach interviewing age anyway, and you're still growing. Shortening up the sleeves/hemming the pants should suffice -- pants look baggy, but I wouldn't bother spending any more to tailor that suit.

Regardless, you'll still look better than 95% of the rental tuxes in the room just by wearing something that fits.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm thanks for the advice there, but what about moores? Do they have any slim fit stuff?

Not, as far as I know.

j.adamczyk22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Decaffeinated
Honestly, if this is just for prom, I wouldn't break the bank on a suit -- you won't get that much utility out of a slim-fit black suit to begin with once you reach interviewing age anyway, and you're still growing. Shortening up the sleeves/hemming the pants should suffice -- pants look baggy, but I wouldn't bother spending any more to tailor that suit.

Regardless, you'll still look better than 95% of the rental tuxes in the room just by wearing something that fits.

I thought the rental tuxes fit better :p good thing i never tried them haha

Well I'm 18 currently and plan to use it for other ocassions as well, including interviews and whatever else comes up.

lilmann40

Reaction score
I think the one you got there in the pic fits pretty well actually right OTR.

Fix up the pants and you got a nice suit overall. Could touch up the jacket a bit too of course.

What is the price point of that?

Also, as mentioned, Zara is a great option.

j.adamczyk22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilmann40
I think the one you got there in the pic fits pretty well actually right OTR.

Fix up the pants and you got a nice suit overall. Could touch up the jacket a bit too of course.

What is the price point of that?

Also, as mentioned, Zara is a great option.

$150 for jacket, free pants included.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
$150 for jacket, free pants included.

That price is very reasonable. I would definitely buy the suits if I were you.

I presume that you have taken the picture from the store where they sell the suits so nothing has been made to fit you just yet. Even that, the suits still look very nice. Unfortuantely, the pants could be a little slimmer, but they look fine if they have been shortened.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have it in charcoal? It would make it much more versatile than black.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

As a general rule, no in fact as a major guiding principle note the following.

Rule #1 - never shop at Moores.

Rule #2 - never forget Rule #1

Have fun at your prom you should be fine. As suggested Zara and H&M could work as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads