• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
7f0bd436.jpg

590852ec.jpg

60f49e1c.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
The suit fabric and cut is beautiful, as are the shoes - bravo on that.
This recurring pose, however, serves no flattery to your ensemble, accessories or otherwise.

There seems to be some difference of opinion on the pose - the colors are truer to reality than in my standing shots, and there are those who find the relaxed nature of the pose appealing. As a means by which to show off the clothes, however, I have to agree with you.

Originally Posted by Spong
More admiration from me. Have to say I approve of your consistent use of 3-pieces, it's nice to see. Plus thumbs up on the vest lapels.
I'm not usually a fan of three button suits but this looks fantastic with the alterations, kudos to your tailor for that. Very nice PS too - just picked up some similar floral numbers myself in green and cream.

The three-piece suits, (all eight of them, at last count - I seem not to be able to resist a sale) are going into hibernation, as spring has finally come to NYC, and I am sure summer heat directly behind it, but thanks for the compliments.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Haven't worn this Spano in a while and have never taken good pics of it. I wanted to try it today because I have been considering passing it along. It is a little long. I also can see that it was altered by my tailor before we had "the formula" down....i.e. note the too long sleeves and the little cuffs.
lol8[1].gif
All, fixable of course......

Anyway, have a good one!

Mike

I thought your suit was bold, until I saw HF's fit for the day . . .

Originally Posted by Holdfast
I feel the finishing touch to this outfit prior to posting it in this thread should have been using a large bullseye target on my face instead of the usual black rectangle! But it's a sunny day, and there was nothing more strenuous in my diary than a leisurely al fresco lunch at a favourite local restaurant, reading the paper and doing the crossword, so I feel some leeway must surely be permitted.
wink.gif

At the very least, I should be given credit for my brilliant innovation of the day: instant turnback cuffs. This jacket came with working sleeve buttons, and the sleeves can't be shortened any further despite still being a trifle long for me. But by undoing the bottom two buttons, turning back the cuffs, and then buttoning the lowest buttonhole back up on the second button... perfect! Evil genius, or what?

Today's jacket is bold as brass, but has its appeal, and though I am unsure about matching them with those exceedingly blue trousers, I can say with some certainty that your tie today is definitely a no-go, IMHO - truly mufugly. But, from your comments, you were expecting a total load of isht on your fit today, so, not wishing you to disappoint you, let me add to the isht pile . . .
smile.gif

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Don't worry. Creases are not everything

The tie's colour is fine in theory, but needs more definition to keep from vanishing into the shirt, such as a dotted pattern

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims

2qmja1f.jpg
11t7lfn.jpg

You have my favorite style on this forum. You wear clothes like artist's hang their art on walls for the world to see.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
You have my favorite style on this forum. You wear clothes like artist's hang their art on walls for the world to see.

Just to illustrate the disarming power of Tibor, when I read this response I was like "WTF is the shmaltz???". Then when I saw it was Tibor I was like "He's right! It is like art!"

We cannot resist his power.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Back to the concrete jungle ... Uptown
48211ad9.jpg
Good to see you back, Nii. Would have gone with either 1) solid shirt; or 2) solid tie, but you look good as always despite whatever petty criticism I can offer.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Acridsheep--how can you hand out critiques and label someones outfit unapproved when you can't even tie a knot properly,let alone dress.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
^ Don't worry. Creases are not everything

The tie's colour is fine in theory, but needs more definition to keep from vanishing into the shirt, such as a dotted pattern

There is a very subtle pattern to it.

pzILm.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
There is a very subtle pattern to it.

Exactly my point, fellow; it's too subtle

Lord-Barrington, are you auditioning to become one of Tibor's concubines? It's a big harem; I've seen pictures

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point, fellow; it's too subtle Lord-Barrington, are you auditioning to become one of Tibor's concubines? It's a big harem; I've seen pictures
Lord Barrington was just being kind as he could tell I was being genuine.. My Harem pictures shall stay on my facebook only, never on Styleforum. I know it will spark a thread on DT. :p
biggrin.gif
Barims do you have any summer walking umbrellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads