• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 3rd StyleForum Fragrance Sample Swap Box...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sounds good guys.

Here's the preliminary shipping route, any comments/suggestions?

notreknip - Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)

Parker then MyTailorIsRich - San Francisco, California

ezlau - Gillette, Wyoming

untungl - Dallas, Texas

Rambo - Palm Beach, Florida
PITAronin – Atlanta, Georgia

DerekS - Nashville, Tennessee
Robotclaws – Kansas City, Missouri
loveswatching - Chicago, Illinois
Shibbel - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Nathaniel72 - Schofield, Wisconsin

CologneReview - Baltimore, MD
AJB - Northern NJ (Jersey?)
bandrus1 – Binghamton, New York
Boo then Arlee – NYC, New York

Cahrin - Toronto, ON (Canada)
Hartmann - Toronto, Canada
Master Classer – Toronto, ON (Canada)

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Italy from May 20 to June 6 so feel free to adjust the route if the package is going to hit me about then. OTOH it seems like it takes a month for anything to reach me from Canada and that looks like a good sized box.

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
sounds good guys.

Here's the preliminary shipping route, any comments/suggestions?

notreknip - Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)

MyTailorIsRich then Parker - San Francisco, California

ezlau - Gillette, Wyoming

untungl - Dallas, Texas
PITAronin - Atlanta, Georgia
DerekS - Nashville, Tennessee
Robotclaws - Kansas City, Missouri
loveswatching - Chicago, Illinois
Shibbel - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Nathaniel72 - Schofield, Wisconsin

AJB - Northern NJ (Jersey?)
bandrus1 - Binghamton, New York
Boo then Arlee - NYC, New York

Cahrin - Toronto, ON (Canada)
Hartmann - Toronto, Canada
Master Classer - Toronto, ON (Canada)

Rambo - ??? back from the dead. (what's your city?)

CologneReview

Reaction score
If not to late to get in on this I'm totally interested. I'm located in Baltimore, MD.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ you're in. Just an idea for your blog, it might be fun to write up about the experience and encourage other groups to do a similar thing. I have no idea why Basenoters haven't done this before. MyTailorisRich - ok, so let's keep it the same. I'll ship this out by the end of the week around the 12/13, it'll get to Notreknip by the 20th, he'll send it out by the 27/28th or something, then it'll take 1-2 weeks to get to Parker, who'll have it until from the 6th to 10th or something, and he'll pass it along to you. So basically I just put Parker in front of you and that should fill up the time. In the past it takes about a 7-10 days shipping time between people, and 2-3 days (sometimes a couple more realistically) of testing time. Ideally people sit down and blast through the box and send it out but everyone's different.

CologneReview

Reaction score
^^ you're in. Just an idea for your blog, it might be fun to write up about the experience and encourage other groups to do a similar thing. I have no idea why Basenoters haven't done this before.

MyTailorisRich - ok, so let's keep it the same. I'll ship this out by the end of the week around the 12/13, it'll get to Notreknip by the 20th, he'll send it out by the 27/28th or something, then it'll take 1-2 weeks to get to Parker, who'll have it until from the 6th to 10th or something, and he'll pass it along to you. So basically I just put Parker in front of you and that should fill up the time.

In the past it takes about a 7-10 days shipping time between people, and 2-3 days (sometimes a couple more realistically) of testing time. Ideally people sit down and blast through the box and send it out but everyone's different.

I'll defiantly do that. Once it makes it's way around to me I'll post some photos etc and give my experience. Very good idea.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
awwww, Rambo!
grupthinklive4174b9177f37dbbf4f7aa72bd444166c
hmmm, ok you're pretty far down the line then. So what I'll do is drop you in right after Texas so the most number of people can get the gifts of heaven you have to deliver.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
awwww, Rambo!
grupthinklive4174b9177f37dbbf4f7aa72bd444166c

Being the **** that I am I will tell you that I'm not paying to ship so if you want me to refresh the box then whoever is next in line will have to reimburse me to get it. I'm a poor hobo. Now, off to wear my $200 perfume.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol. I think there are a few people before you and hopefully there'll be some cash to cover shipping. It's probably only like $20-25 anyway. updated shipping order: notreknip - Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) ezlau - Gillette, Wyoming Parker then MyTailorIsRich - San Francisco, California Scugger - Los Angeles, California HgaleK - Austin, Texas untungl - Dallas, Texas Rambo - Palm Beach, Florida PITAronin – Atlanta, Georgia DerekS - Nashville, Tennessee Robotclaws – Kansas City, Missouri loveswatching - Chicago, Illinois Shibbel - Milwaukee, Wisconsin Nathaniel72 - Schofield, Wisconsin CologneReview - Baltimore, MD AJB - Northern NJ (Jersey?) bandrus1 – Binghamton, New York Boo then Arlee – NYC, New York Cahrin - Toronto, ON (Canada) Hartmann - Toronto, Canada Master Classter – Toronto, ON (Canada)

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's not too full already, I'd love to get in on this. I'm in Austin, Tx.

As a side note: I don't actually want to take anything. I'm more than happy trying a single drop of everything on my skin, making notes, and then sending it on its way with my contribution. I'll see if I can't get 30-40 samples gathered up this weekend to add to the box if I can get in on this.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yep, that'll do. Unless you want to do an order of supplies and add those instead. It might be useful for people down the line.

so Notreknip will message you for your address, then you message Parker for his. Get the box, take a few days to smell everything, keep a few samples or make some from what's there, and then pass it on.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
There's nothing actually wrong with taking a sample G. In fact, I believe that's the whole point.

I'm not a huge cologne collector, so I don't need take time to figure out how I feel about them. It's very much hit or miss. If there are a few that have multiple samples, I may well grab one, but I'd rather ensure that everyone has the same opportunity here. The big thing for me is that I have a very limited knowledge and selection to sample. It's fine to read about Terre d' Hermes, but the Austin Neiman, Nordstrom, Macy's etc. don't have it. Same goes for hundreds of others. If I can get a dab I can figure out if it's worth picking up or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads