• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
The tie is a complete non sequitur, doesn't coordinate with anything else in the fit, and IMO ruins the whole look. Besides being ugly in its own right. A solid tie in a coordinating color, or even no tie at all, would have been much better.
Originally Posted by Luftvier
I'd live this ensemble sans tie - or maybe with a navy grenadine?
The tie may not be the right one, but no tie at all would be a thousand times worse.
Jacket+open-necked-shirt = UGH! But I'm talking to a brick wall, I feel, on this matter.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
I think a much better solution is for me to start hitting the gym again so I don't look like a frumpy pear.
Go for it, EAP. That's a win-win solution.

Originally Posted by tricky
Grrrrreat. First post here is followed by Spoo.
facepalm.gif

Get used to it, tricky. Seems like there's always someone around here to steal one's thunder.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
K1K8S.jpg

Add a vest or sweater and you're DTOing the old Spoozy.

Originally Posted by Digmenow
IMG_20110510_105052-1.jpg

IMG_20110510_104952.jpg

IMG_20110510_103600.jpg

Fit seems off but it's hard to tell b/c the only full shot is so blurry. Aside from that, though, the pieces and the color combo really work for me, Dig.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Add a vest or sweater and you're DTOing the old Spoozy.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
o/o does well enough in that regard already (mucho respect to the dude for it too). I just poke the hornet's nest occasionally with a minor rule-bending look. He goes all-in, with a sparkly asbestos shield of course.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I obviously don't know o/o, but I feel he has deserved the right to bring out the hornets. I'm sure he's immune to the stings too.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which PS with this outfit? I opted for the first one, even though it felt kind of "heavy" compared to the rest of the pieces. I still think I prefer it to the second one, though, which works but seems a bit matchy-matchy.

Closeup-96.jpg

AltPS.jpg

Leaning-41.jpg
Feet-43.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which PS with this outfit?

IMHO neither. Not a fan of the dark pants with light jacket, unless everything is spot on. And the first p/s highlights the inverted color scheme, which throws me off even more. The second p/s is the worse of the two evils.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Better shots of yesterdays attire. Home with my boy today, thankfully he's in a great mood, and his fever is gone! Back to day care tomorrow! This was my first Ercoles commission, and has been altered twice as my upper body gained mass. Pants are Incotex wool. Shoes RLPL made in Italy Socks are pink
smile.gif

nice combo Rob ... particularly like the shoes. These are waaay better than the gunboat type shoes that gets worn a lot with slimmer, well tailored stuff. I am happy to see the the gunboats with suits fad in full backlash mode ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Also, I lost the socks, wasn't feeling them.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/c4deb7ff.jpg

- We must have been on the same shoe vibe this morning.
- Come on Ed ... a little showing of man flesh wont do you no harm ... pause ... lol

Cue Vox smooth legs photo.

first i said
ffffuuuu.gif
, then i
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
... now i am
worship.gif
worship.gif

this is all kinds of wrong, but you are one ballsy MF'er to step out in that Doc.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
IMHO neither. Not a fan of the dark pants with light jacket, unless everything is spot on. And the first p/s highlights the inverted color scheme, which throws me off even more. The second p/s is the worse of the two evils.
Thanks for the tough love, Nii. If you owned this jacket, would you wear it with anything other than white slacks? It's such a light gray, after all, that your inversion rule could be its undoing.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get used to it, tricky. Seems like there's always someone around here to steal one's thunder.

haha I have no thunder yet. But I'm working on it! Lots of inspiration in this thread.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first i said
ffffuuuu.gif
, then i
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
... now i am
worship.gif
worship.gif

this is all kinds of wrong, but you are one ballsy MF'er to step out in that Doc.

biggrin.gif

You know, this was the first outfit in a long, long time that caused me to pause momentarily before walking out the door and say to myself "really? this?". Then I thought: "**** yeah; definitely this!". Having said that, I wouldn't have worn it to anything but the chilled-out, no-work, sunny-day-out that I had, and in fact, probably not in any city other than this one, and even then, only in the pretty areas!

Back to the concrete jungle ...

Great suit. I have a sneaky feeling seersucker suits are going to be the big thing to rise on the SF hype cycle this season.

ctp120

Reaction score

Uptown
48211ad9.jpg

Downtown ...
071e1632.jpg

nii,

Glad to see you back in the thread. Sounds like the trip was enjoyable.

Lapels on this ^ seem awfully skimpy. The coat I posted earlier is borderline for me, and it's accordingly seeing less frequency in the rotation. Yours here look even narrower, and this is compounded by the fact that you have a relatively broad chest and shoulders. Narrow lapels were all the rage a few years back when I got that sc, but I'm personally riding the wave a significant backlash. I may be wrong, but these seem uncharacteristically slim compared to your other stuff, too.

Once again, glad you're back posting outfits. You're one of the most consistently good WAYWRN regulars.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I would have preferred a more colorful (non earthtone) tie. /picknit
not a nitpick at all. i totally agree. i went the safe route since i had a few meetings today. i wore the same suit to Easter mass while at home and the tie choice was totally off the wall
smile.gif
Great suit. I have a sneaky feeling seersucker suits are going to be the big thing to rise on the SF hype cycle this season.
i concur ... better get mine out there and move on before its too late
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by ctp120
nii, Glad to see you back in the thread. Sounds like the trip was enjoyable. Lapels on this ^ seem awfully skimpy. The coat I posted earlier is borderline for me, and it's accordingly seeing less frequency in the rotation. Yours here look even narrower, and this is compounded by the fact that you have a relatively broad chest and shoulders. Narrow lapels were all the rage a few years back when I got that sc, but I'm personally riding the wave a significant backlash. I may be wrong, but these seem uncharacteristically slim compared to your other stuff, too. Once again, glad you're back posting outfits. You're one of the most consistently good WAYWRN regulars.
i totally agree - i have another seersucker suit which has similar lapels and i hate wearing it for that reason. This was pre-SF and i know better now. Unfortunately, that is the problem with RTW ... you get what the designer puts out there. So till i go the insane route of commissioning a seersucker bespoke suit or find Brooks, Haspel or Jos A Bank appealing, i'll have to live with it (sad face)

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads