• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite pizza

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is your favorite pizza? i like my crust thin, but not crispy, with a lot of cheese and the sauce on the spicy side. for toppings:

garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, or garlic and pepperoni, or plain cheese

i always use the crushed red pepper flakes.

Stax

Reaction score
NY thin crust pep

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johns on bleecker st in nyc
its got the best cheese pizza on the planet

ive also had pizza with clams from pepe's in new haven, cn. that was really really good too.
if anyone is in the area, they should check those places out

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pizza Margherita straight from the Source. Whole with no slices cut. Roman-style bianca is good too. Viennese ranks third.

I wish I could get this stuff here. I'd be a fat bastard.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Margherita is way up there.

So is a good simple pizza with home-made sausage, mushrooms, good sauce, buffalo mozzarella cheese, and a very thin crispy crust.

Pineapple and canadian bacon for something different.

Grilled chicken and artichoke hearts is another favorite.

Damn it, now I'm hungry.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spicy Mexican-style pizza. A grocery store which used to be open not far from my house made and sold the best Mexican-style pizza I've ever had. I could (and did some weeks) live just eating that.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Pizza Margherita straight from the Source. Whole with no slices cut. Roman-style bianca is good too. Viennese ranks third.

I wish I could get this stuff here. I'd be a fat bastard.

Hit Conte's up Witherspoon St; it's the closest that you're going to find. They also make wine in their bathtub that's terrible, but great at the same time. Tre Colore is good for an everyday slice but Old World's buffalo mozzarella is outstanding. 5 years ago is was $16 or $20 for a pie, can't imagine now.

My favorite pizza chef is Peppino, who last I saw him was working at a little place just outside Centrale. He wasn't there on my last trip to Napoli; I'm worried that I've lost him.

Tom

oh yeah--if you have a car, go to De Lorenzo's in Trenton. Peer Ee Ud. There are two of them. IIRC, "Tomato Pies" not "Pizza." On Hudson, not Hamilton. BYOB.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I used to think it was a deep dish Chicago style, specifically that made by Zachary's in North Oakland (Rockridge). Then I moved east, and learned to love the thin crust. First, Patsy's. Very good. Then Lombardi's on Spring. Quite a bit better. Then (finally) Grimaldi's under the east tower of the Brooklyn Bridge. Best of all. John's is good too, but only the one in the Village. The one in Times Sqaure is just OK.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Didn't John's just get closed down for not having a sink or something equally ridiculous?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two.

My normal favorite is just plain Domino's Pizza, extra cheese, extra pepperoni.
There is an awesome restaurant in Ocean City called Three Brothers (the one on Coastal Highway) that is great too but it is very far from here.

What a great thread. I think I will order pizza when I get home.

JB

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Didn't John's just get closed down for not having a sink or something equally ridiculous?

Something, I can't remember what exactly. The Health Department here is feeling the pressure, after a little mini scandal when they passed some Taco Bell, and a day after the inspection, tabloid photographers got shots of rats running all over the place. So inspectors are being really picky right now.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thin crust, light sauce and light cheese

toppings: pepperoni, mushroom, black olive, spicy italian salami

Albano's in LA has my fave pizza ever

CPK's "sicilian" pizza is surprisingly good for a 'chain' and is my #2 pick of best in LA

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't beat a good thin-crust Margherita. The New Yorkers will scoff, but DC does have some good sources for pizza. Pizza Paradiso (Dupont Circle location) is my favorite. A lot of people prefer Two Amys, but I've never been. Matchbox is awfully good as well.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
You can't beat a good thin-crust Margherita.
i no longer care for basil on my pizza, and i'm not a fan of tomatoes, unless they are sun-dried. i recommend you try a garlic and sun-dried tomato pizza. you could call it a variation on the margherita, if you wish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads