• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrison Bespoke Toronto

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GradSchooler
Let me know how it goes at Trend. I'm going to email Zeglio and see what comes of that.

Have you considered Peter Lee (Lee Baron)? They have a showroom in Toronto near the Eaton Centre. Location is listed on their website.

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
Have you considered Peter Lee (Lee Baron)? They have a showroom in Toronto near the Eaton Centre. Location is listed on their website.

Does Peter Lee (Lee Baron) offer bespoke/custom services or is it more MTM?

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
Does Peter Lee (Lee Baron) offer bespoke/custom services or is it more MTM?

mtm out of Hong Kong.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have an appt. with Trend on Thursday to tour the facility and meet Don Lee. Sounds more promising than my experience with Garrison.

JohnEnglish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
Well that was an interesting experience.

Stopped by the shop last week and chatted with a sales staff quickly. They said they were busy and took my info and said they'd be in contact over the weekend. Never heard from them.

Sent two e-mails during the week. Never heard from them.

So I called them and the person on the phone started going through some questions about where I currently get my clothes, what style I like, making sure that I realize it's bespoke and not MTM etc.

He says he's booked up this weekend and starts looking at next week and then after all that says - "we're actually not taking on new clients now."

I asked when is a better time (thinking a few weeks) and he said wedding season is now so they're booked up and I can try back in the fall.

I dunno man. I honestly got the vibe that after talking to me they didn't want to "waste their time."

Too bad cause I was planning on doing a lot of work with them but wanted to start out with a few dress shirts to see how they are.

Pretty disappointing. I would've preferred they say straight up that they're only working with existing clients than be asked a series of questions to try and figure me out and then decide they don't want to take me on.

Guess the search for a Toronto bespoke tailor continues.

Not impressed.

Hahahaha, I called them a couple of days ago and they said they had plenty of slots to book me in for an appointment. The first thing they asked was if I "worked downtown" and when I said yes they asked if I was a banker or a lawyer.

The guy was pretty vague on the phone and dismissive but when I gave the answers I guess he wanted to hear he became friendly and open.

I have an appointment with them later on next week so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Currently getting a double breasted bespoke done at Xavier Custom Tailors. He's a one man show who relies purely on word of mouth. Bought my fabric off ebay and he's working on it now. Basted fitting pics to follow soon.
I've used Xavier a few times for alterations, he seems good. What are his going rates for CMT? Would you also mind sharing who you sourced the fabric from? Looking forward to seeing some pics as well..

osc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Hahahaha, I called them a couple of days ago and they said they had plenty of slots to book me in for an appointment. The first thing they asked was if I "worked downtown" and when I said yes they asked if I was a banker or a lawyer.

The guy was pretty vague on the phone and dismissive but when I gave the answers I guess he wanted to hear he became friendly and open.

I have an appointment with them later on next week so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Interesting - do you know who you spoke to?

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Did you happen to mention that you wanted to spend $6000 on a tuxedo?

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I've used Xavier a few times for alterations, he seems good. What are his going rates for CMT? Would you also mind sharing who you sourced the fabric from? Looking forward to seeing some pics as well..

Suit: $1,000. Trousers: $150. - As of April 2011.

Had a trousers made and was quite happy.

I sourced my fabric from dugdale bros and from how9555 on ebay. The DB is getting made from M. Woodhouse super 160s vintage navy pinstripe. How9555 is excellent, btw - he does carry some name brands but his non-name brand stuff is also decent. Never been disappointed. He's also great with returns.

Had my first fitting yesterday for the db and will post pictures later. Lowered buttoning point, lengthened jacket and also fixed the front/back balance.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
How flexible is Xavier for style? And I'm assuming that $1000 is fully canvassed?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, I called them a couple of days ago and they said they had plenty of slots to book me in for an appointment. The first thing they asked was if I "worked downtown" and when I said yes they asked if I was a banker or a lawyer. The guy was pretty vague on the phone and dismissive but when I gave the answers I guess he wanted to hear he became friendly and open. I have an appointment with them later on next week so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
Their loss. I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. Plus, I don't like being sized up by a salesperson. It's a ****** way to conduct a business imo. I have plenty of friends who get their clothes custom and I've told them about my experience with Garrison so it's never really just one person's business you lose.

JohnEnglish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
Interesting - do you know who you spoke to?
No idea, the guy who answered the phone just said "Garrison" or "Garrison Bespoke" when he picked up.

Originally Posted by GradSchooler
Did you happen to mention that you wanted to spend $6000 on a tuxedo?
LOL, no. I just said I wanted an idea on their pricing range. Judging by the way he initally responded you'd think I just insulted a member of his family but after mentioning that I was a banker and telling him I've have MTM suits made before so I understood how pricing varied depending on fabric and styling he seemed to become more relaxed.

Their loss. I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. Plus, I don't like being sized up by a salesperson. It's a ****** way to conduct a business imo. I have plenty of friends who get their clothes custom and I've told them about my experience with Garrison so it's never really just one person's business you lose.
I agree completely. If it wasn't for the fact that they're only a few blocks from my office I wouldn't bother. I'll go and talk to them and see how it goes. I'm not concerned since I have several other places to get suits from I was just curious about these guys since I've walked by their location for years (back when it was 5th on King) and have heard several people talk about them.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from my first meeting at Trend. It was quite the experience.

Don is a very creative and knowledgeable man who took the time to give my wife and I a tour of the entire shop, show me lots of samples of his work and introduce me to all his staff.

He was very interested in learning about me and my needs and didn't try and push anything.

I'm starting off by having three shirts made. Everything is done onsite. Shirts take approximately 2-3 weeks and suits and sport coats are approximately 4-6 weeks. As many fittings as needed.

I had my measurements done by his friendly staff and they also helped me pick out the fabrics. I've kept these first three shirts very basic - one blue, one white and one purple checks.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks for my muslin shirt fitting. I'll post photos once they're finished.

One thing that caught me by surprise was that they do bespoke shoes as well.

Couldn't be happier Garrison felt they were too good for me
lol8[1].gif

JohnEnglish

Reaction score
Just got back from my first meeting at Trend. It was quite the experience.

Don is a very creative and knowledgeable man who took the time to give my wife and I a tour of the entire shop, show me lots of samples of his work and introduce me to all his staff.

He was very interested in learning about me and my needs and didn't try and push anything.

I'm starting off by having three shirts made. Everything is done onsite. Shirts take approximately 2-3 weeks and suits and sport coats are approximately 4-6 weeks. As many fittings as needed.

I had my measurements done by his friendly staff and they also helped me pick out the fabrics. I've kept these first three shirts very basic - one blue, one white and one purple checks.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks for my muslin shirt fitting. I'll post photos once they're finished.

Couldn't be happier Garrison felt they were too good for me
lol8[1].gif

What kind of pricing are you looking for the shirts?

osc

Reaction score

Yes, this is a pretty new offering as Peter (IIRC) setup shop about half a year ago - lots of potential. I'll probably end up venturing for a pair in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics