• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^I'd like to see this from you, especially since you're lifting now
inlove.gif
/ waywt could use some interesting ugh

Jsut found my SD card so expect some fit pics soon. Beadazzled surplus backpack coming up. (0)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
the most boring reason to travel

Well then don't make pronoucement about things you hardly understand, you basically live in one of the top places for wardrobe variety and you don't know it.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^I'd like to see this from you, especially since you're lifting now
inlove.gif
/ waywt could use some interesting ugh

My best friend rock's this every day.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I recently had 2 suits made for me. I had a grey sharkskin and navy blue done up. 2btn regent fit with 2in cuffs. They came out great. Esspecially for $240 a suit mtm.

Now I'm thinking of getting another. This is what I'm thinking. Light grey with chalkstripe DB suit with pewter blazer buttons.

Or

Patch pocket 2 btn suit in a camel or light brown color.

2 in cuffs on the pants of course.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about a couple of newish british brands - Self and Sparks?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getting some of my trousers that i never wear hemmed into shorts. what's the best length for someone who's short? mid-thigh?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
getting some of my trousers that i never wear hemmed into shorts. what's the best length for someone who's short? mid-thigh?

depends on your build but unless you're really confident wearing short shorts, a better bet would be just above the knees.

you can always cuff them if you want to show some more manlegâ„¢

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tween why do you fold your collars up like that? (0) less wrinkles/pullin when hung?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
tween why do you fold your collars up like that? (0) less wrinkles/pullin when hung?
No it's not for wrinkles, as you can see my shirt is totally wrinkled from being poorly packed. But I do it when I'm folding shirts and packing them into something tight so I don't end up with that flat boxy collar you get from cramming them in with the collar already down. Kind of like how when you get shirts back from the dry cleaners and they have been squished if there wasn't a cardboard collar-shaper thing put in, and then you put the shirt on and it just forms this square around your neck? that squared off collar is like my biggest pet peeve so I always fold my collars up like that, so even if they get creased in a bad way from packing, once I fold them back down and button them down they take a good shape. I mean it doesn't work perfectly since of course it's still getting squished in some way but I find it works better overall. I always use thick wooden hangers no matter what though, and for shirts I really care about that aren't button-down I occasionally wedge in those cardboard collar stays and/or use a giant plastic suit-jacket hanger and keep the collar folded down in it's proper shape. This of course takes up stupid amounts of closet space so it's ultimately dependent on how much you have available, but for button-down collars I find the folding up works pretty well and saves space without crushing your collar in as awkward of a way.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
long reply, appreciate it. will definitely try that out come moving time this summer

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
long reply, appreciate it. will definitely try that out come moving time this summer

I'm waiting on an email back from a client so I just kept going back and editing my post to add more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads