• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francisco
Hi there, I intend to get from leatherSoul their spring Keswicks but not sure about the sizing as I was told the country style tends to be a bit bigger. I wear a C&J lowandes and my other Church's in Uk7. Should I get a 7 for my first Tricker's too?
Would be very thankful for any advice.

trickers run very big... usually 1 size down from us, im an 11us = 10uk, since you are 7uk seems like you'll be ok, just fyi i am a true 11 and they run a bit big so i wear thick socks with them...

benbarren

Reaction score
Hi there, I intend to get from leatherSoul their spring Keswicks but not sure about the sizing as I was told the country style tends to be a bit bigger. I wear a C&J lowandes and my other Church's in Uk7. Should I get a 7 for my first Tricker's too?

I have UK 10 Grenson and UK 10 in Mark Mc Nairy New Amsterdam - equivalent to US 11 - I also have alot of highend hightops that are either US 10.5 or US 11 - So I went with UK 9.5 Stows which are perfect as they are ever so slightly smaller size than my Grenson and McNairy but esp former were prob a tad too long.

Id say go with whatever size you have the most of in your wardrobe, that is the smaller size- 2 other issues are probably amount of break-in there will be and the width; I've found the length of the UK9.5 perfect and with a bit of breakin these will be perfect.

However as they are width 5 not width 6 it would probably help in your assessment to know your width- Im sure bryan at lsfootwear dot com will be able to assist.

My gut feel is if you are a UK 7 then get UK 7 unless like me and you knew your existing size had a bit of extra length in it and your feet arent too wide, hence able to get a UK 6.5.

BTW - the natural welt and brass eyelets are so awesome. Ive worn mine 5 days straight!!!!!!! Luckily winter in Australia has well and truly arrived! Good Luck!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Lowndes is on the 348 last, I believe.
I wear 10UK/11US in a different 348 last shoe. It's slightly long but I need the width on the 348.
I wear a 9.5UK in Bourton/Keswicks 4444 last. They're just long enough but plenty wide for me.
YMMV.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
i want a pair of tricker's, i'm thinking these are pretty sweet. red dainite sole etc.
st2.jpg
or these:
nt2.jpg
what do you guys think?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was far more into the Suede iteration but those realllllly tempt me.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
scott what are the boots you have?

There are the Junya Watanabe ones and then there are the Re-Tricker ones. Black Dainite and burnished calf brogued cap toe boot.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mean the ones that bows was "wearing" haha

Originally Posted by scott.m
Black Dainite and burnished calf brogued cap toe boot.

xyz

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8 in Barrie and vary from 7-7.5 uk, it really depends dude. I've yet to get a 7 but the 7.5 is slightly roomy, which is fine for boots. Also, tell Brittany I said, "sup?"

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
sounds good, might cop those retrickers then. i guess i prefer the dainite sole but the leather sole looks beefy enough. isn't it ******* weird we know the same people? she's from this tiny ass little town i grew up in in backwoods upstate ny. you probably know a bunch of people i know.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds good, might cop those retrickers then. i guess i prefer the dainite sole but the leather sole looks beefy enough. isn't it ******* weird we know the same people? she's from this tiny ass little town i grew up in in backwoods upstate ny. you probably know a bunch of people i know.

'Tis possible, brother. I like the double leather sole, just too slippery for my tastes, can't **** with it. need some form of grip, just prefer vibram or crepe.

kanukki

Reaction score
i want a pair of tricker's, i'm thinking these are pretty sweet. red dainite sole etc. or these: what do you guys think?
I love love the Leather Soul 1001 Burnished on Red Dainite. If I was in US I would have definitely jumped on these. But the Acorn ones from Pediwear are almost just as nice. Free shipping and not having to worry about customs fees swings it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gst1.jpg
gst3.jpg
from Leathersoul. Wow. Great job on these. Love a boot with a Dainite Sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads