• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update, love the blog.
wonder if there is any way to compile a quick reference of "decent daffys brands" that could synch to a phone?
i do it manually from your blog at the moment (iphone wunderlist).

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Woe and Lufty thank you.
devil.gif

Amen. A warning, though: I picked up a few pair of standard colored trou in the last shipment. Two suffered from immediate seat blowout (as has been shown to happy on Daffy's Mabitex). And it wasn't a matter of them being too tight, it was a matter of poor finishing in the seat. Luckily, I was at home working when this happened and not at the office. Though for $15.00, they're still worth enough to warrant a $12.00 repair.

Peurist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropics
thanks for the update, love the blog.
wonder if there is any way to compile a quick reference of "decent daffys brands" that could synch to a phone?
i do it manually from your blog at the moment (iphone wunderlist).

Been thinking about that for a while. Would it be better as a simple list, or would people here prefer pics of the labels (where available)?

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guy321
Been thinking about that for a while. Would it be better as a simple list, or would people here prefer pics of the labels (where available)?

i think a list would be fine, what i have typed out so far has been very helpful when i am browsing. i have them split between good, ok and bad based on your descriptions.

Peurist

Reaction score
Quick update, the only one I thought worth mentioning on SF in a while. Most Daffy's locations got in shoes from Martin Dingman this past week. I believe they are made by Fratelli Rossetti, but that's just a hunch since I found one pair of those in the Dingman boxes at the same price. All the shoes are $98.99.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to NYC this weekend, may have to try and hit up some of the Daffy's locations. Which one in particular do you think is a must-see for someone who's just visiting for the weekend? I doubt I'll be able to get to more than one of them.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I'm heading to NYC this weekend, may have to try and hit up some of the Daffy's locations. Which one in particular do you think is a must-see for someone who's just visiting for the weekend? I doubt I'll be able to get to more than one of them.

Well surprisingly enough, you can. If you hit up the 34th, you can also go to the one on 18th St or go the other way and go to Madison and 44th, Broadway and 57th and Park and 57th. I found that theres no point in dilly dallying; go in, hit the few decent mens racks that arent all torn apart and move on. Yes you can probably find a good pair of Incos in the ladies shoe department but you are probably better off going to another store and finding it on the mens rack with the rest of the pants

Frigiliana

Reaction score
I will be in Manhattan from the 18th of May, which stores should i make for with the best chance of buying Incotex or Mabitex pants , even if it's just to try on a pair to gauge the fit so i can buy from the forum in future ?

mic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frigiliana
I will be in Manhattan from the 18th of May, which stores should i make for with the best chance of buying Incotex or Mabitex pants , even if it's just to try on a pair to gauge the fit so i can buy from the forum in future ?

Hmm, I doubt you will see any Incotex, and it's an unfortunate truth that Mabitex vary widely in fit (while trending toward slim). Whether you find what you want or not, it is highly unlikely that you will ever be willing to pay forum prices on Mabitex pants again after seeing what they sell for in the wild...

I've had the best luck recently at 34th St. I would recommend the Madison & 44th Store as well, so you could easily walk over there, as the above poster noted (it's also across the street from Alden). I was just at the two 57th Street stores and they were a fail. The 57th St. East store had 200 pairs of Bananna Republic pants at 13.99, though.
uhoh.gif

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've picked up all my Size 48 (US32) Mabitex in varying fit/styles at the 34th store. The one on Madison had absolutely garbage (Purple, weird sizes, small selection, etc.)

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest Daffy's I've seen is the 57th and Lex. location (but I haven't been in the Haerald square location). From there you can walk to the 57th and Broadway location. The 44th and Madison is also within walking distance as well.

I'd rate them in that order in terms of selection as well.

mfadam

Reaction score
57th and Lex has a big Mabitex assortment. There are few Incotex around at any Daffys now, all the good ones have been picked up.

Hornswaggler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
I've picked up all my Size 48 (US32) Mabitex in varying fit/styles at the 34th store. The one on Madison had absolutely garbage (Purple, weird sizes, small selection, etc.)

It was you! *shakes fist*
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads