• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
BBC (Berkshire Brewing Company) from Massachusetts makes some solid beers are are really affordable. Usually $3.99 for a 22oz bottle. I usually pick one up whenever i get a 6pack of something at the whole foods by me because they're all pretty enjoyable. They make a Coffee Porter made with coffee from another local Massachusetts roasted Deans Beans which is nice.

Definitely recommended to anyone in the northeast

Agree with BBC. They seem to have been around forever, but I feel like they have been picking up momentum in the past year. Not sure what it is related to as they haven't changed up their lineup too much. Maybe they are just expanding their distribution.

Have you been to Meadhall in Kendall yet?

YoroiChuu

Reaction score
Recently had some...

New%20Holland%20Dragon%27s%20Milk.jpg

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
Purchased this at Binny's over the weekend, but never got a chance to drink it. Anyone tried it?

Not-Just-Another-Wit_beer_full.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoroiChuu
Recently had some...

Cool sounding beer. How was it?
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
Purchased this at Binny's over the weekend, but never got a chance to drink it. Anyone tried it?
Not-Just-Another-Wit_beer_full.jpg

I was asking about their **** last page. They just started being distributed down here. Report back once you've had it.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drank a Yeti stout tonight. Not bad. Not great.

I have a question about beer storage. I have one of those mini beer fridge things (approx 2 cubic feet - no freezer). I can fit more bottles in the fridge if I put the bottles sideways. Will storing the bottles sideways destroy the beer? I am storing mostly capped beer (various Founder's, etc..) and want to make sure I won't destroy the beer by storing it sideways. My apartment gets REALLY HOT during the summer and I purchased the little fridge to keep my beer from getting too hot.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437

I have a question about beer storage. I have one of those mini beer fridge things (approx 2 cubic feet - no freezer). I can fit more bottles in the fridge if I put the bottles sideways. Will storing the bottles sideways destroy the beer? I am storing mostly capped beer (various Founder's, etc..) and want to make sure I won't destroy the beer by storing it sideways. My apartment gets REALLY HOT during the summer and I purchased the little fridge to keep my beer from getting too hot.

http://www.brewbasement.com/featured...or-keep-em-up/

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437

There are only two Yetis that you must drink: Barrel Aged Yeti (which is impossible to get outside of one day a year at the brewery in Colorado) or Chocolate Aged Yeti (it's oak aged with cocoa nibs)...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoroiChuu
Recently had some...

I just had the Whiskey Barrel Aged version of this two weeks ago and it was pretty damn amazing. It's almost summer, I think it's time to drop the stouts, old ales and barleywines and tip back the sours, IPAs and pale ales...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
There are only two Yetis that you must drink: Barrel Aged Yeti (which is impossible to get outside of one day a year at the brewery in Colorado) or Chocolate Aged Yeti (it's oak aged with cocoa nibs)...

How about the Espresso Oak Aged?

2011-01-14214342-2.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spreading the kuhnhenn barrel aged 4d love, one SFer at a time.

Holy ****, this is an enormous beer. Wow, so many flavors, such high ABV and yet so smooth. Def. couldn't drink this every day, but man is it delicious.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321

Thanks! Will try to find the chocolate aged. I think they have at the Bowery Whole Foods.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
How about the Espresso Oak Aged?

2011-01-14214342-2.jpg

Nope...I LOVE Barrel Aged Yeti and Chocolate is like boozy Mexican hot chocolate, but it's only sold in Indiana and not in Illinois for some reason. The other Yetis are blah...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
spreading the kuhnhenn barrel aged 4d love, one SFer at a time.

Damn it! Why you blowing up my spot?! Wait until your getting more mead requests and wine requests from Kuhnhenn's, you've opened Pandora's box. Just remember who got you in the game, son...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads