• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Reaction score
I use favazzo in trinity arcade. Parker and Co use them as well.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
In any case, I hate leaving my bottom waistcoat button undone. Can't stand it. And if you ever told me to undo it like Henry VIII, expect an earful from me.
smile.gif

+1 I seriously just don't 'get' the bottom button argument on functioning waistcoat buttons. The whole point of a waitcoat was to cover up your shirt!

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessis
That is good news re: TM fabrics. I am pretty sure that the 4 for $450 is available all the time - I am hoping anyway as I am about to contact Stuart for another batch...hmmm
Just a quick follow-up on this for the guys interested - managed to finally confirm with stuart that the 4 for $450 on TM fabric is available all the time to customers in Australia no matter if you have bought before.

By the way, can we leave the "bottom button" thing alone now:)

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessis
That is good news re: TM fabrics. I am pretty sure that the 4 for $450 is available all the time - I am hoping anyway as I am about to contact Stuart for another batch...hmmm

Any chance you can post some fit pics?

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bone19
i believe parker sell kiton made 2 measure with a rediculous super # for that price.
Correct, it is MTM with measurements taken by Kiton tailors.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
+1 I seriously just don't 'get' the bottom button argument on functioning waistcoat buttons. The whole point of a waitcoat was to cover up your shirt!
But I can un-button the bottom button of my waistcoat and still cover my shirt. Perhaps the problem is that because we won't wear 3-piece suits anymore, we treat the coat/jacket as a waistcoat.

jobro

Reaction score
Buttoning the bottom button on any top will give a straight, horizontal line to your waist area. Horizontal lines should generally be avoided, they make the fat look fatter and the skinny look skinnier.

jessis

Reaction score
Any chance you can post some fit pics?
I have some from about 7 months ago but am about to order some more so once I get those I will put a picture up. I am getting all made as work shirts at this stage.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget:

Swan's suit looks bloody awful - bubbling all down his right side front from shoulder down. His tie is a dreadful shiney purpley blue pastel job.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
As already mentioned before, next week I am off to HK (three days) and London (seven and a half days) for work. The way things are looking I will be having a free weekend, a week day and a half a Saturday in London. Last year in London I did mainly touristy things, this time I want to do some systematic shopping (both for goods and checking out my size in a number of hard-to-find in Australia brands). With that in mind, what are the types of things that I should add to the list?

So far I am thinking shoes (try in a number of C&J lasts) and a visit the new Drakes store. I would love to be able to try on SF approved trouser brands for sizing (eg Incotex). Anything else that I should be adding to the 'must do' list?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Budget:

Swan's suit looks bloody awful - bubbling all down his right side front from shoulder down. His tie is a dreadful shiney purpley blue pastel job.

Nambour chic like his ex-mate Kevie's turquoise tie.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As already mentioned before, next week I am off to HK (three days) and London (seven and a half days) for work. The way things are looking I will be having a free weekend, a week day and a half a Saturday in London. Last year in London I did mainly touristy things, this time I want to do some systematic shopping (both for goods and checking out my size in a number of hard-to-find in Australia brands). With that in mind, what are the types of things that I should add to the list? So far I am thinking shoes (try in a number of C&J lasts) and a visit the new Drakes store. I would love to be able to try on SF approved trouser brands for sizing (eg Incotex). Anything else that I should be adding to the 'must do' list?
Are you coming back thru HK? you could get a shirt/suit measured/ first stop made/fitted second stop. Then mailed on after adjustments It would be fun just walking around London waving aud$ around + actually having a job. Sniff out all the online shirt dudes and shoes places. Clarkes DBs. Me I'd check out the charity shops for old tweeds, harrington jackets etc.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As already mentioned before, next week I am off to HK (three days) and London (seven and a half days) for work. The way things are looking I will be having a free weekend, a week day and a half a Saturday in London. Last year in London I did mainly touristy things, this time I want to do some systematic shopping (both for goods and checking out my size in a number of hard-to-find in Australia brands). With that in mind, what are the types of things that I should add to the list?

So far I am thinking shoes (try in a number of C&J lasts) and a visit the new Drakes store. I would love to be able to try on SF approved trouser brands for sizing (eg Incotex). Anything else that I should be adding to the 'must do' list?

All of that. I thrifted a pair of Incotex in the Salvo's. Nice linen ones. They measure TTS normal trousers like any regular ones from what I have seen on that pair. Maybe a visit to some of the shoe outlet shops around. You might want to find some nice venue to go clubbin' - know what i mean?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-Clothing question: I'm trying to send some beer to a friend in Australia. I understand the high cost of it, but I think it'd be worth it as a birthday gift. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in this? How to ship it (I was thinking of marking it as Pop or something), and the costs associated with it?

Also: If Alexander Keiths IS available in Australia (which is the beer I want to ship), can someone tell me where? I have been unable to find anywhere over the net.

Thanks for the help!

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Budget:

Mrs Selvaggio and I could not believe it - we rewound it just to make sure we actually saw what we thought we saw!

"Okay, am about to deliver the federal budget...everone will be looking at me...mmmm...what suit will I wear? How about this one that looks like it came from Vinnie's. That should set the right tone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads