• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomee

Reaction score
hi guys, long time reader seldom poster
smile.gif

a really stupid question but i bought a suit last year off the rack, and am wondering can you goto a tailor and alter the suit to better fit me?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ tailors can do amazing work but are not miracle workers i.e. they can't turn a size 44 into a 38

all depends on how off the mark it is

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow walked past KB on the way to work this morning. That place looks like a mess.

__PG__

Reaction score
Tony Jones wore peak lapels last night on Q&A.

tomee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
^ tailors can do amazing work but are not miracle workers i.e. they can't turn a size 44 into a 38

all depends on how off the mark it is

thanks for that.
ill search this thread for some recommended tailors and see how we go
bigstar[1].gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomee
thanks for that.
ill search this thread for some recommended tailors and see how we go
bigstar[1].gif

If you let us know which city you are in, I'm sure that people will chime in with some suggestions.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
^ GOP or Malcolm Turnbull variety?
I think GOP but Malcom Turnbull (shudder) isn't he the type of republican you have when not having a republic? Just went and booked a couple of seats for the Cure show at the Opera House and then forwarded the invite to a mate. I got very good seats but he is back in the boonies looks like the 31st is already sold out and the 1st June has gone the same way, and this is half an hour from when I received the email. Last saw them at the Palais Theater in 1980 or was it 81.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
I think GOP but Malcom Turnbull (shudder) isn't he the type of republican you have when not having a republic? Just went and booked a couple of seats for the Cure show at the Opera House and then forwarded the invite to a mate. I got very good seats but he is back in the boonies looks like the 31st is already sold out and the 1st June has gone the same way, and this is half an hour from when I received the email. Last saw them at the Palais Theater in 1980 or was it 81.
Extremely jealous, from all accounts of recent shows they still have it!

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Thanks for that Yoshii - at least he seems to be focusing on the evolution of the suit from the short notes. I think I'm in the conservative business dress on Wednesday - might pop along if there is time.

I think its 12.30 @Potter Fed Square - too not 11.05

Sorry, i was referring to the date not time
laugh.gif

i should've used a / to separate it hehe

I might drop by there myself if i have time.

Tano

Reaction score
Im looking for loose fitting cargo/combat pants that i can wear to the gym. Something with a few pockets in a single colour and <$100.

Can anyone recommend a store in Oz?

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
I've pointed out to good friends that they shouldn't do up their bottom button because of a tradition going back to Henry VIII etc.
BTW this is almost certainly a myth. For a start the story goes that Edward VII started this tradition (Henry VIII??? talk about fish growing bigger with time) because he gained too much weight and had to undo his bottom waistcoat button. Edward VII was such a fussy dresser he could not travel with any less than two valets, and he would have just ordered another dozen waistcoats from Henry Poole. Also, the tradition of having a show button at the bottom that couldn't be done up is older than Edward VII. In any case, I hate leaving my bottom waistcoat button undone. Can't stand it. And if you ever told me to undo it like Henry VIII, expect an earful from me.
smile.gif

Bone19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
Found out today from my tailor that Parker and Co are selling kiton suits for 13k. Would it be cheaper to grab a first class ticket to the US and pick one up?

I wouldn't be surprised if there old stock from past seasons

i believe parker sell kiton made 2 measure with a rediculous super # for that price.

BTW, is your tailor in perth? as im not aware of many, actually i only know of 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads