• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thorogood American Heritage Moc Toe

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought those same boots as a cheaper alternative (~50%) to the Red Wings I was replacing a year or two ago. They held up very well during my construction project. Now I wear them as casual boots sometimes. Would definitely recommend them.

PregnantBob

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I've been looking at the Thorogoods myself,

just wondering if i should get the 6 inch or the 8 inch version?

I would like to tuck my chinos/jeans into the boots every now and again, wondering if i would need to buy the 8 inches? or will the 6 inches suffice?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PregnantBob
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I've been looking at the Thorogoods myself,

just wondering if i should get the 6 inch or the 8 inch version?

I would like to tuck my chinos/jeans into the boots every now and again, wondering if i would need to buy the 8 inches? or will the 6 inches suffice?

I've not got the moc-toes yet but would have thought you'd need 8" judging from 6" boots I do have.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of black Moc-Toes from Amazon.co.uk, in the hope that I can get away with a UK 10.5 (I tend to be an 11).

Down to £62.76, and FASH2011 (valid until 17th April) gave me a further £10 off so a bargain if they fit...

They've still got a pair in 9.5 UK and 10 UK

engar

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up ManofKent. I´m waiting for a pair of 685s, so if I like the fit I will consider the black ones.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by engar
Thanks for the heads up ManofKent. I´m waiting for a pair of 685s, so if I like the fit I will consider the black ones.

Mine arrived today. I'm impressed with the quality for the price - glad I was forced to size down though, they do come up large IMO.

engar

Reaction score
685s (Epaulets Horsehide) received yesterday and after 8 hours it looks like there is no break in period.
ManofKent, do you know if Thorogood 9.5UK = 10.5US?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones on amazon.co.uk seem to be sized down 1/2 a size on the US marked size so a 9.5 UK would be a 10D US, but I would say they're about half a size larger than Redwing anyway (more if you remove the footbed).

engar

Reaction score
Some pics (sorry for the low quality):
la%20foto%282%29.JPG

la%20foto%284%29.JPG

la%20foto%285%29.JPG

la%20foto%283%29.JPG

elduderino

Reaction score
I wear a 9.5 (UK) in Desert Boots and my feet are 3,9" wide - should I go with a 9D, 9EE or 9.5D?
Thanks doods.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd order the same U.S. size as your Clark's desert boots measure in U.S. sizing.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elduderino
I wear a 9.5 (UK) in Desert Boots and my feet are 3,9" wide - should I go with a 9D, 9EE or 9.5D?
Thanks doods.

A US 9 should be about right. You'd probably get away with a 9D unless you find the db's snug width wise.

elduderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
A US 9 should be about right.
Really? I'm usually a US 10, sizing down for a whole size seems a little bit much.. Damn, I really want some nice boots, but having no stores that carry them around here makes it so ******* difficult.

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Just ordered the 6" Moc Toe in Tobacco. Sized down a full size from my regular sneaker size, praying for a good fit. Will report back with fit pics when they arrive!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads