• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
i need some sunglasses me thinks. we all know what happened the last time i had frames on my face
redface.gif
laugh.gif

worth it to get some sunglasses? ive been looking at these:

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1535

not sure :/

negatory

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
tank glasses. mykita, yes. dusan, no..i will check em out how about the giuliano fujiwara frames for upcoming f/w !?!?!?
drool.gif

laserjpb

Reaction score
Argh, am having trouble deciding between a light (L) or darker brown (R) oxford nubuck. Intention is to pair with khaki chinos, gray chinos, as well as denim for biz casual/weekend wear.

(Photos attached)

Thanks!

Jayyy

Reaction score
007870.jpg

(CONVERSE + CDG PLAY Chuck Taylor)

OR

converseleasoxbl1.jpg

(Classic Leather Chuck Taylor)

I want something that can last me for the summer that can be easily worn with shorts and/or jeans.

Thanks!

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
i need some sunglasses me thinks. we all know what happened the last time i had frames on my face
redface.gif
laugh.gif

worth it to get some sunglasses? ive been looking at these:

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1535
http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-sunglasse...nvt/lf0103cha/

these would be nice in a darker colour
http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-sunglasse...nvt/lf0043crm/

not sure :/

Have you checked out Salt Optics? They get pretty good reviews on the sunglasses threads. I think you get to choose lens colors as well.

http://www.saltoptics.com/shop/colle...=2&prod_type=2

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Erenoth

Reaction score
I just picked up a gorgeous pair of LNIB AE Hale's last week, and with them being my first pair of "real" shoes, I'm interested in another sleek pair to alternate them with. The pair below meets these guidelines superbly, but I'm a tad worried on the condition of the shoes themselves. From the B&S threads regarding the same model, the worn look of the leather is completely normal, and nothing extraordinary. The rubber add-on outsoles should also add some longevity to their life before a recrafting, if taken care of, as well. The other concern I have is that there are what appear to be loose, or perhaps just stringy threads coming out of the sides of the shoes where the strap is located. There's a small bit of this on the rear as well, but much less severe.

Can anyone with extensive knowledge of such "threading issues" enlighten me? Is this something that could be fixed with a simple snip if/when I buy them? Many thanks in advance! If it comes down to it, I might pick them up regardless to have them recrafted down the road. The total cost would still be less than half retail for discontinued, nice looking pair of monks.

469666978o.jpg

469666870o.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those are fugly. and they probably never had shoe trees in them until that pic, based on their condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads