• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
And, there are always guys on winning teams who jaw and make snide comments. Dallas isn't magically classier. I used to see the Lakers, Heat, Cavs, Celtics and all the teams have players make little comments and stuff. Happens all the time. Mavs aren't immune. It's not an excuse because plenty of athletes stay out of that **** on the winning and losing end but there are a lot of immature athletes who either never went to college, went for a year and were always babied and are still the level of a 16 year old.
I do agree with this. 24 was also one of the greatest trash talkers of all time.
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
OK...this Rondo elbow thing is now starting to piss me off. They've not only showed it over-and-over-and-over, now TNT has even edited it into one of their montage packages. There is just no avoiding it.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ffffuuuu.gif
i know what you mean. I don't wanna watch this gruesome sh** on my TV. It's like when Chris Paul twisted his ankle, ESPN feels the need to do a frame by frame replay of what happened like it was the most interesting thing since sliced bread.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sort of sad to see the ZenMaster's team **** on themselves like that.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
I don't care if you're pampered or not that's inexcusable.

+1

Especially when Bynum has a history of doing this sort of thing. Two years ago, he put Gerald Wallace in the hospital with a broken rib and a collapsed lung. He clearly didn't learn from that experience, and in March, the league suspended him for taking out Michael Beasley ( a move that Kobe Bryant said he was "proud of.") Today, he goes after Barrea. At least Ron Artest had the sense to turn himself around, clean up his act & resist the urge to take out his anger by sucker-punching the smallest guy on the floor. Oh wait a minute...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Spurs were the #1 seed and got beat in 5 by the ******* Grizzlies probably signifying the end of Duncan/Pop and the Spurs 14 season run of dominance and i heard far far less fanfare. The lakers are still gonna be a top 4 seed next season. The lakers are gonna be okay though obviously need to figure out the pau/bynum/odom structure as it probably is tough to keep financially, find a fisher replacement and rework their bench. Though who knows what the NBA will be like depending on the new CBA

bahahaha. I love Phil's answer to the final game question.

"I'm not going to answer that question"
"As far as i know at the moment this is probably my last game"

Giving the media some more to play with for the offseason. I'm sure ESPN will get a lot of good articles out of rumors of Phil going to the Heat (assuming the heat don't win the title this season) or something like that. If the NBA locks out half a season again, maybe he'd be more likely to comeback if he only had to coach half a season somewhere

I do like Phil's interviews though. Nice to listen to unlike most postgame athlete/coach interviews.

"first of all you don't smoke peyote"
tongue.gif

6 games

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
+1

Especially when Bynum has a history of doing this sort of thing. Two years ago, he put Gerald Wallace in the hospital with a broken rib and a collapsed lung. He clearly didn't learn from that experience, and in March, the league suspended him for taking out Michael Beasley ( a move that Kobe Bryant said he was "proud of.") Today, he goes after Barrea. At least Ron Artest had the sense to turn himself around, clean up his act & resist the urge to take out his anger by sucker-punching the smallest guy on the floor. Oh wait a minute...

putting a fellow professional at that kind of risk, not only injuring him but also possibly ending his career is a ******* thoughtless move. what a degenerate asshole.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, talking to ms. foodguy this morning: the real problem for laker fans is who do we cheer for now? no way miami, boston. probably not atlanta. possibly chicago? from the west ... i could see okc or memphis ... dallas? at least it would be better to have been swept by the champs. otoh, dallas has got what, a week before they play again? if they shoot 15% from the 3-point line next series i'm going to be seriously pissed off.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a Laker fan, I'll just sit back and enjoy the rest of the post-season. To me, it would be most interesting if OKC or Memphis wins it all, that would be awesome. Chicago, Rose is just too damn good but he seems alone in that team. If he isn't scoring like AI and distributing the ball and facilitating like CP3 they aren't winning. He can only do so much w/o help and if he keep re-injuring that ankle, that team will be in serious trouble. I don't want Miami or Boston to win but Miami is definitely getting to the finals, sadly.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm kinda pulling for okc/memphis against atlanta. stern would be sh&tting bricks.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
All you keep doing is putting words in my mouth, so kindly shut the **** up. Feel free to give your own point of view on **** but don't try to talk about mine.

(angry Lacker fan, pfff)

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the hell is Kobe doing in the 1st team? As most know I'm a huge Kobe fan and all but dude shouldn't really be in the 1st team anymore. He can still be a lock down defender but he has lapses where he leaves the players he's defending wide open and he can't keep up with faster players anymore. I'd put Allen or Wade in the 1st team.

NBA All Defensive

1st Team:

D12
Rondo
LBJ
KOBE
KG

2nd Team:

Tony Allen
CP3
Tyson Chandler
Iggy
Joakim

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
What the hell is Kobe doing in the 1st team? As most know I'm a huge Kobe fan and all but dude shouldn't really be in the 1st team anymore. He can still be a lock down defender but he has lapses where he leaves the players he's defending wide open and he can't keep up with faster players anymore. I'd put Allen or Wade in the 1st team.
I agree, Kobe needs to be moved to 2nd team, Allen to first team. Iggy lost a step this season. Shouldn't be on the list at all. Fucked my team in fantasy
ffffuuuu.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God, Gasol is such a girl!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket....column?page=2

"I have to learn from this," Gasol said. "I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

it's an election, therefore a popularity contest. he's on there because of his reputation, certainly not for what he did this year. in fact, with his free-styling, i'd argue that he hurt the team as much as he helped them. not that he can't lock down when he decides he wants to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads