• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

abcdenim

Reaction score
hey modernart, just wondering but why'd you choose unbranded for such an extensive project? why not something better known to fade, or something with a little bit more craftsmanship and quality?

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abcdenim
hey modernart, just wondering but why'd you choose unbranded for such an extensive project? why not something better known to fade, or something with a little bit more craftsmanship and quality?

I think he started doing it because unbranded's fading properties aren't documented much. So far looks like they fade just as well as any other denim of higher 'craftsmanship and quality'

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say they fade the same..I've had mine for nearly a year. The only downside is when you get them to that point the denim is so thin it feels like it's about to blow apart at the crotch lol

shoppingshzhang

Reaction score
23th6ap.jpg
wam176.jpg
25s3pzs.jpg
Tapered - 32 TTS

lwkeung

Reaction score
^^ that is beautiful!
i've had mine 6th months, and my crotch wear is like 4x yours. any solutions or prevention for it? they look like yours.

abcdenim

Reaction score
have you soaked them? washing/soaking keeps your jeans healthier, but at the same time you risk the deep contrast in the fades. it's a toss up, longer lasting jeans or quicker lighter fades.

if you have soaked them and stuff, repair the blowouts as fast as you can so they don't keep growing until your balls are hanging out lol

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lwkeung
^^ that is beautiful!
i've had mine 6th months, and my crotch wear is like 4x yours. any solutions or prevention for it? they look like yours.

You should probably go and get some preemptive crotch reinforcement. Pretty cheap and it'll prevent an embarassing blowout in public

UniqueDude1000

Reaction score
What is the consensus re: shrinking & soaking? I've read that these are sanforized, but they shrink anyways after a soak. If I do soak them, does it matter if I get them hemmed before or afterwards?

djc

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
All jeans will shrink after a soak whether sanforized or not - you will find that the waist will shrink 3-5% but if you go TTS you should have no problems with the waist. The length will also shrink minimally, between 0.5"-1".
There's no issue with hemming them before you soak, but keep in mind you might want to leave 0.75" or so to cater for the shinkage.

lwkeung

Reaction score
Started my Unbranded back in November 9, 2010. It's been about 6 months, and I decided to do a cold soak. Indigo Skinnys, Size 33. Before waist: 33.4 in After soak: 32.2in Shrunk 1.2 inches. Soak in a bucket of cold water for ~3 hours. After, I agitated it a little bit, poured out that water (was nasty yellow from dirt and starch), refiled bucket, and stuck jeans inside just to rinse. Hung outside until dry. It was very stiff after drying, and could stand up by itself! I'm wearing them now, and they are getting soft with every way. Actually smell worse than before lol. Ok, now the pictures. Before Soak
BFront.jpg
Btop.jpg
Bback.jpg
Bbutt.jpg
BCombs.jpg
After Soak A little wrinkled, cause I shoved it into a buckle to soak. Will smooth out with wear.
Afront.jpg
Aback.jpg

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW DOES THE Unbranded Skinny Selvedge Jean compare to the APC PS?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads