• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the prices like? And are smaller (more likely smallest
ffffuuuu.gif
) sizes available? Being the cheapskate I am, I need me some bargains to entice me to buy anything.
eh.gif
No friggin wonder my wardrobe is growing so slowly.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jumpers going for $100, some cashmere blend stuff going for a bit more. Suits for about $500. Plenty of smalls in the jumpers. Shirts were $100 with a ratchet discount for more. Some pants there as well, though I didn't check them out.

Worth a look if you are walking by.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
With the budget being delivered I see it's time for this horse to be flogged again http://www.smh.com.au/business/tax-o...508-1eeay.html

And I note that the offender is one the ALP right union heavies, probably looking for good PR after the recent debacle in NSW.

The Shoppies is the core ALP Right union and de Bruyn is their head bloke. Trying to nanny state the punters in the interest of job preservation - he would be better asking why the stuff his members sell in this country is second rate crap.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the Ken Barrell suits like? And also in the styling department, they slimmer sleeves and through the legs or more roomier fit?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) KB suits seem to be slimmer fitting, though not in the Joe Black mode. Grey and navy only. Flat front pants. Don't know anything about construction etc.

2) de Bruyn can FOAD.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) I'd settle with mid-grey and soft, narrow shoulders please.
redface.gif

2) +1000000000. Protectionist **** that doesn't protect ****.

elvish

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'll try typo and failing that go to toffee.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
May swing past today, if so I'll report back on what I find.

Re Nialma and TM fabrics it is a go for 4 for $450. However be advised this is an introductory offer, after which all TM shirts are $150USD which makes it what? around $50AUD these days?

That is good news re: TM fabrics. I am pretty sure that the 4 for $450 is available all the time - I am hoping anyway as I am about to contact Stuart for another batch...hmmm

Tano

Reaction score
Found out today from my tailor that Parker and Co are selling kiton suits for 13k. Would it be cheaper to grab a first class ticket to the US and pick one up?

I wouldn't be surprised if there old stock from past seasons

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manstyle - The Dandy and the Peacock

RN ABC Artworks Program on the Manstyle Exhibition now at NGV

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/artworks/st...11/3209462.htm

I know you Royal Wedding fans out there have been around the water cooler all week discussing Kate's dress, and yes didn't she look lovely? But I wonder how much talk there's been about Prince Williams outfit? Even though he looked resplendant in his dashing scarlet Irish Guards tunic, it was The Dress the world was waiting for.

But it's not always been the case that women have upstaged the men in the fashion stakes.

Manstyle is the name of an exhibition currently showing at the National Gallery of Victoria, and according to curator Katie Somerville, there are two type of men - the dandy and the peacock.

British in origin, the dandy style reflects stiff upper lip restraint and attention to tailoring, with its roots in the country style of the landed gent, with lots of wool, linen and tweed. The classic Saville Row suit, is very dandy indeed. And what most of the men at the wedding were wearing.

Then there is the peacock. This is French in origin - think Louis 14th, brocade, pantaloons and the giant powdered wig, but as you will hear - Wills outfit was far more peacock than dandy.

Tano

Reaction score
Found out today from my tailor that Parker and Co are selling kiton suits for 13k. Would it be cheaper to grab a first class ticket to the US and pick one up?

lennier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
No. Business class, maybe.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

The hell?!! At that price it needs to be some special edition with threads used to sew it up being made from the pubes of young virgins or at the very least guanaco.

And they actually get business? You'd assume people who know Kiton also know how much they should cost and those who dress in Kiton be going around enough to have picked them up anywhere else.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads